Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LaLongueCarabine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Motorola charger

I've had a few motorola phones in the past, and they required that you use a motorola branded charger to charge the phone. It would always give me an error message if I used anything else. None of my other phones which have used mini or micro USB chargers have had this issue.

Does the Droid Razr require a motorola charger, or can I use any charger? (I got the Razr ordered today, but won't have it until middle of this week). I have a whole bunch of micro USB chargers scattered around, so I'd hate to have to buy new ones.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,659 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola charger

You can use any charger. I used a samsung charger last night.

You can use any micro Usb charger.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Great, thanks!
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

If a phone gives you an error message because of the charger unplug the charger and then reinsert it making sure to do so securely and the message should go away.

I've never seen this with Moto phones, however I have damaged at least two LG batteries because I used Blackberry chargers, so sometimes it does seem to matter. Just make sure the battery does not get overly hot when you charge it.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

You can user any USB charger as long as it's output is only 10% different than the Moto one. There's protection circuitry in the battery but too much voltage or amperage can damage something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    cmorty72#AC likes this.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by LaLongueCarabine View Post
    You can user any USB charger as long as it's output is only 10% different than the Moto one. There's protection circuitry in the battery but too much voltage or amperage can damage something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    THIS^^
    (beat me to it)
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com