edit voicemail to dial password?

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is how I did it:
Menu, Settings, Call Settings, Voicemail settings, then: *86 (pause) password (xxxx) followed by pound sign...should look like this: *86,1234#. Don't forget to click the Ok button.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: ArtieTheOneManParty

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You tried this?
settings > call settings > voicemail settings

The two commas are pauses, each one represents a two-second delay. The X's represent the four digit password.

*86,,XXXX#

rstokes123

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On my Droid Razr Maxx. there is no call settings in the settings menu. Here's how I edited voicemail contact so it would send the tones automatically.

Go to Voicemail in your contacts list.
Menu: Edit
add new phone number that looks like this: *86,[your password, no brackets] followed by pound sign {#]
Save (note which type of contact the new number was saved to, usually home)
Place a direct dial widget [found under apps, widgets found on top line] on your home screen, assign the voicemail number you just saved to the widget.
Try it!

psdonald

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
How I figured it out on my Motorola Droid Maxx. Clicked on phone then clicked the setting menu on the bottom right (the three dots in a horizontal row). Then click settings, then click voicemail, then click setup, then click voicemail number where you will see *86, then click *#then click pause twice, then type your password. You will get message voice mail number changed and you will be good to go. You might also want to add the pauses and the password in your contacts entry that says voicemail if you dial from contacts or use a voicemail widget, but I always dial from the voicemail notification. If you got it right you will notice the password in your notification message.