Home Replacements of choice for RAZR?

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone using on the RAZR? What replacement looks/flows SMOOTHEST on the RAZR?

All thoughts/comments welcome! :cool:

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Is the app launcher laggy in launcher pro?

It was on my Bionic. I am still using the stock launcher on my razr.

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
None. I'm running completely stock on this phone. I have no reason to add any additional battery drain since everything is working so smoothly.

I did use Launcher Pro on my Droid X though - it was always pretty smooth and had very little redraw.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
None. I'm running completely stock on this phone. I have no reason to add any additional battery drain since everything is working so smoothly.

I did use Launcher Pro on my Droid X though - it was always pretty smooth and had very little redraw.

Saves me some typing...lol Although I was stock GB launcher on my Droid X. Need to see how Widget Locker does.

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I always had battery issues and freezing problems with ADW and Launcher Pro. Been running Go Launcher EX on all of my Droid devices for a while now and never once had any issues. It also has the most user options for changing behavior and appearance.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Sporting LPP and Go Launcher without any issues whatsoever.
Battery drain from using a home replacement? Never had that issue with any of my previous android devices.
:cool:

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of IOS but I've seen a few people running iPhone Go Launcher Themes and they look very close to IOS. I prefer the Honeycomb or CM7 themes. I'm sure there is an ICS theme on the way also.

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of going for GO Launcher EX today -- how are the themes?

I've heard nothing but +++ about Go Launcher.

You will go blind (or insane) looking at all of the themes for go Launcher. There's some paid themes but there's also a ton of free themes.
The themes are allover the place. All kinds of colors and shades ,shapes ,OS imitations...

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone been having lagging issues our force closing while using LPP?
I've just now started having these issues since the turkey day weekend.

Brought to you by Droid Razr via Tapa-that-ass

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Go Launcher today and it works fine. I had it on the Incredible before and it was slow at times on that phone.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for go launcher ex. I've been using it for a few years and love it. I was really hoping to stay stock on the RAZR but only having four options on the bottom dock isn't enough. I do like how I can still use the motor Widgets with a different launcher. I wasn't able to do that with HTC.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Using go launcher since Droid x days... no issues. No lag. No freeze. Nothing slow. Watchdog shows 0.1% cpu usage. So thats about 10sec off your battery charge per phone bootup. Lmfao..... like he said... battery loss from a launcher????????????????

I love watchdog.... proves so many schizophrenics and android urban legends wrong.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The one problem I have had with home replacements, and that is with launcher pro, and adw.
Ist that I cant change the default. I have to say that I do like the widgets on the moto skin better. But I am so used to the app drawer being in the middle. What the heck?
But yes I would like a home replacement that would allow me to change the default setting back to the original. Any suggestions.
Thanks......................

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I finally had to uninstall Go Launcher because of horrible lag with folders. I've since gone with Zeam and am extremely impressed. The performance reminds me of Go Launcher from over a year ago, before they started adding all the bloat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk