wow...Razr just started rebooting its self

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Every Android phone I have ever owned would do this eventually, this is why I got an IPhone4S now. They really need to fix this.

I owned an iphone 4 for a day (before it was rushed to the store to return it) and I had to hard boot the thing more then once.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Well shoot....only way to trouble shoot this is to factory reset...now with a clean phone, only thing installed is amazon app store and weather bug elite, wait a few days then install a few more things...I think the problem is something that has to perform a task every couple of hours

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
well, no more reboots since I factory reset, so it was an app causing the reboot as I suspected. now to start adding stuff back, I am thinking its either easytether or ....hmm....dunno really

Reactions: jroc

Art Ledezma

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have found...as with any computer...that when memory runs critically low :confused:the system will freeze or shut down. My Razr M has done this 3 or 4 times on me and I have noticed that it has done so when I have pushed the storage limits to the hilt.:mad: I only have an 8GB storage. Besides the onboard apps and such I have downloaded up to 3 full sized movie files, almost maxing the storage capacity. The reboots come during playback of the movie.:p This does not happen with only two movies on board, meaning I have about 1.2GB of space left. I've downloaded several apps and had zero problems with either app. The problems only start when I push the storage limits. I figure a 16 or 32GB SD card will help solve this problem. :) Anyone else having these issues should go into their system settings and see how their storage capacities are doing. It is a good idea also to make it a practice of flushing the caches on the apps, thus freeing the system of unnecessary clutter. Check under files>Device storage also. You may find alot of junk files here that may have been downloaded via torrents or direct downloads. :cool: Dump them. Dump the browse history on Chrome regularly also.

My Motorola Razr M is hands down the best smart phone I've ever used. No problems a regular techie can't handle. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678