How to do a soft reset if Razr freezes and can't pull battery?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this one thing really worries me. If the Razr freezes due to any number of things, and you're not able to use the phone again, how do you un-freeze the phone? How would you do a soft reset if you can't pull out the battery? I'm considering getting the Razr, but this one thing really does concern me.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to do a soft reset if Razr freezes and can't pull battery

Sorry if this has been asked before, but this one thing really worries me. If the Razr freezes due to any number of things, and you're not able to use the phone again, how do you un-freeze the phone? How would you do a soft reset if you can't pull out the battery? I'm considering getting the Razr, but this one thing really does concern me.

Volume DOWN and the POWER button...hold em for about 10 seconds.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site

a sealed battery is no big deal.....my xoom has a sealed battery and its never been an issue

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

Your Xoom has never had calls to make with a dying battery and no charger nearby :p

Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around? Man purses? In your pocket with everything else (keys, phone, wallet, etc)? Maybe I'm just thick, I could stand to slim up a bit, but I just don't see why this is such a big deal.

Jason

Reactions: AeroEngi

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I actually keep one in my wallet, no cash in there to take up room

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around? Man purses? In your pocket with everything else (keys, phone, wallet, etc)? Maybe I'm just thick, I could stand to slim up a bit, but I just don't see why this is such a big deal.

Jason

I carry mine in my laptop case. It is where I am.

Madness

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't carry a spare battery so this won't affect me. I just use an extended batt... oh, crap!

:eek:

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Jason

Yeah, I could see how this might blow someone away...But a spare battery will fit in a pocket. Weird huh?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I mostly carry a spare when I travel. Somehow, I've always found a place to put it. My current spare came with a nice little form-fitting plastic bag, so I don't have to worry about coins and other bits of metal.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

dkear, it isn't the size of the battery that I was concerned with. My Charge's battery is pretty slim. I just wondered where people carried their spares that they are so concerned about. I'm always near a charger BUT I also don't go through my battery in a matter of a few hours. I considered buying an external charger that came with a spare battery. Then I realized I don't want to carry a spare battery with me at all times. Then after having the phone for a while I also realized I don't need a spare battery during the day.

My question wasn't meant to offend anyone. I am really just curious how people tote around their spare batteries. I've not known anyone that has needed to do such so I was curious. The only reason my battery comes out of my phone is because I'm sitting at my computer with Odin fired up and a ROM ready to get loaded on the phone ;)

Jason

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

Jason

No worries...i just keep a spare Droid Razr in my pocket. It's probably thinner than most folks' spare batteries :)

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

If a spare is the major concern for pending Razr owners, just get a universal external charging pack.
They can be found in just about any retailer's electronics department, and do the job quite nicely.
*Talk about being waaaaaay off topic from the OP's question*
;)

Reactions: jroc

stturner

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around?

Jason

I keep 1 in my car and 1 at work in a charger, rotate as needed. It is not very often that I need to use the spare battery, but it has saved me a few times. Usually it is an app that didn't shut down and it drains the battery in about an hour.

Dr.G

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Jason

Wallet, little pocket in jeans, back pack, or leave it at work. I purchased two docks ( home & work ) for my Droid Charge that came with a spare battery and a slot to charge them in. Works perfect for the power sucking 4g Charge.