Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to do a soft reset if Razr freezes and can't pull battery?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but this one thing really worries me. If the Razr freezes due to any number of things, and you're not able to use the phone again, how do you un-freeze the phone? How would you do a soft reset if you can't pull out the battery? I'm considering getting the Razr, but this one thing really does concern me.

Power button and volume up or down or together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Re: How to do a soft reset if Razr freezes and can't pull battery

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but this one thing really worries me. If the Razr freezes due to any number of things, and you're not able to use the phone again, how do you un-freeze the phone? How would you do a soft reset if you can't pull out the battery? I'm considering getting the Razr, but this one thing really does concern me.
    Volume DOWN and the POWER button...hold em for about 10 seconds.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

a sealed battery is no big deal.....my xoom has a sealed battery and its never been an issue
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xoomer1 View Post
    a sealed battery is no big deal.....my xoom has a sealed battery and its never been an issue
    Your Xoom has never had calls to make with a dying battery and no charger nearby

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
    Your Xoom has never had calls to make with a dying battery and no charger nearby
    Maybe it had emails to send with no charger nearby... lol
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I make calls from my XOOM all the time. Literally.

ROM
    Viper4G

Quote Originally Posted by DJJeffT View Post
    Volume DOWN and the POWER button...hold em for about 10 seconds.
    This.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted debloated FP5

Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around? Man purses? In your pocket with everything else (keys, phone, wallet, etc)? Maybe I'm just thick, I could stand to slim up a bit, but I just don't see why this is such a big deal.

Jason
    Thanked by:
    cmorty72#AC likes this.

ROM
    Rooted odexed 4.0.2

I actually keep one in my wallet, no cash in there to take up room
    GC736 and Rixx3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kart38 View Post
    Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around? Man purses? In your pocket with everything else (keys, phone, wallet, etc)? Maybe I'm just thick, I could stand to slim up a bit, but I just don't see why this is such a big deal.

Jason
    I carry mine in my laptop case. It is where I am.

I don't carry a spare battery so this won't affect me. I just use an extended batt... oh, crap!

Naris and Rixx3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaechoe View Post
    I actually keep one in my wallet, no cash in there to take up room
    google wallet is awesome. i know.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP b38

Jason
    Yeah, I could see how this might blow someone away...But a spare battery will fit in a pocket. Weird huh?

I mostly carry a spare when I travel. Somehow, I've always found a place to put it. My current spare came with a nice little form-fitting plastic bag, so I don't have to worry about coins and other bits of metal.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted debloated FP5

dkear, it isn't the size of the battery that I was concerned with. My Charge's battery is pretty slim. I just wondered where people carried their spares that they are so concerned about. I'm always near a charger BUT I also don't go through my battery in a matter of a few hours. I considered buying an external charger that came with a spare battery. Then I realized I don't want to carry a spare battery with me at all times. Then after having the phone for a while I also realized I don't need a spare battery during the day.

My question wasn't meant to offend anyone. I am really just curious how people tote around their spare batteries. I've not known anyone that has needed to do such so I was curious. The only reason my battery comes out of my phone is because I'm sitting at my computer with Odin fired up and a ROM ready to get loaded on the phone

Jason

Jason
    No worries...i just keep a spare Droid Razr in my pocket. It's probably thinner than most folks' spare batteries
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Thumbs up Re: How to do a soft reset if Razr freezes and can't pull battery

If a spare is the major concern for pending Razr owners, just get a universal external charging pack.
    They can be found in just about any retailer's electronics department, and do the job quite nicely.
    *Talk about being waaaaaay off topic from the OP's question*
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

ROM
    Stock

Ok, I'm curious about this. Where do people carry their spare batteries? I see so many people worried about not being able to swap it out but for the life of me I can not figure out how people are carrying live batteries around?

Jason
    I keep 1 in my car and 1 at work in a charger, rotate as needed. It is not very often that I need to use the spare battery, but it has saved me a few times. Usually it is an app that didn't shut down and it drains the battery in about an hour.

Jason
    Wallet, little pocket in jeans, back pack, or leave it at work. I purchased two docks ( home & work ) for my Droid Charge that came with a spare battery and a slot to charge them in. Works perfect for the power sucking 4g Charge.

I have one spare...usually keep it in my office or computer bag if I know I will be traveling.

Jason

I have one spare...usually keep it in my office or computer bag if I know I will be traveling.

Jason

dkear, it isn't the size of the battery that I was concerned with. My Charge's battery is pretty slim. I just wondered where people carried their spares that they are so concerned about. I'm always near a charger BUT I also don't go through my battery in a matter of a few hours. I considered buying an external charger that came with a spare battery. Then I realized I don't want to carry a spare battery with me at all times. Then after having the phone for a while I also realized I don't need a spare battery during the day.

My question wasn't meant to offend anyone. I am really just curious how people tote around their spare batteries. I've not known anyone that has needed to do such so I was curious. The only reason my battery comes out of my phone is because I'm sitting at my computer with Odin fired up and a ROM ready to get loaded on the phone

Jason
    I don't use a spare in the usual course of events, because if I need to I can leave the phone plugged in at work and in the car and at home. Like you, my battery lasts long enough most of the time.

But when I travel, I am often in places where it would be awkward to leave the phone plugged in. And I might spend a long day out and about with a weak signal. Or be bored at the airport when my plane is delayed and play screen-intensive games. So I carry a spare. It's in my carry-on bag at the airport, and probably in my pocket if I'm sightseeing or something during the day.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Based on what you guys posted, I went back to the Verizon store and pressed the Power button and Down volume button at the same time, and sure enough the Razr went into a soft reset. I guess the real test is to see if this same process will work if the Razr actually goes into a freeze for whatever reason. I hope someone who experiences a real freeze can confirm if the soft reset process actually works.

You can buy this which has come in handy before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast