Solution to non-removable battery

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: jroc

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
From the description at Amazon it is the size of a wallet. A reviewer wrote it fit in his pocket. My initial hesitancy of going with the Razr was because of the sealed battery, an issue I never had while using BB phones for many years. So far I've not had any battery issues with the Razr but the issue will arise. This just may be the solution.

Reactions: jroc and delco714

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just checked on Amazon and was waiting for a possible sale. Here's the link at Amazon...it's on sale for
$41.00 (November 21).
ww.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP99D-External-Blackberry/dp/B002YFDRHW/ref=wl_itt_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3VIFA9FM7N563&colid=2JTKXIM3SFVST

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've been using this for about a month and it's a great. I remember being in a club and standing by a wall that had an outlet before I could leave because I needed my phone. That was so ridiculous. This does fit in your pocket and it charges pretty fast.

Reactions: jroc

pt1911

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Motorola one when I bought my Tbolt because they were throwing them in for $20! I just recently sat in my deer stand for 4 hours playing Angry Birds on my Razr and after I disconnected the external battery I still had full charge! :)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The RAZR made me realize something...I should have never been debating with iPhone folks about the non removable battery..lol

There is an 11,000....yea...11,000 mAh.... one too. The kicker? Its about the same price as the fat 2800 mAh extended battery I got for my Droid 1. I will be using this for my current and future phones. It looks so small to be a battery pack.

No need to sacrifice the form factor of my phone... since I use older phones if they still work, no need to buy extended and extra batteries for all my phones. This lil battery pack will be nice. Because its so small.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

The extended battery on the Bionic adds heft to the phone, I'm guessing that's what the OP meant about not liking the added heft.

This is something separate you need to carry around altogether (or stash in a drawer or a car, etc.). The reviews have stated this is about the size of an old Blackberry, so "smaller than the Bionics extended battery" sounds incorrect.

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's bigger than the Bionic's extended battery. I just don't like the added heft to the phone while I'm using it. Also, since this isn't specifically a Bionic battery, I can use it for whatever phone I end up with in the future instead of buying the extended each time.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's bigger than the Bionic's extended battery. I just don't like the added heft to the phone while I'm using it. Also, since this isn't specifically a Bionic battery, I can use it for whatever phone I end up with in the future instead of buying the extended each time.

:) I got what you meant.

It seems like a nice solution for people who carry around a lot of devices or who don't mind carrying around something extra for the added power. As you said, have the universality (not just the Bionic) makes it a plus.

Personally, I don't want anything extra to carry and will just use my chunky phone. :) But that's obviously a thing we'll differ on!

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought a small 3000mA unit for around 25 bucks. It is the size of a playing card an 1/4 inch thick. It fits in my jeans back pocket and I can't tell it's there. I use it with my Bionic. I figured I don't need more than 24 hours of battery, so why get something bigger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay