Bought the Razr

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I went and ordered the razr, now I am done with this damn T-bolt. I want to activate the Razr on my primary line, I added a line to my account to get the .01 cent price from Amazon, what is the best way to do this when I receive the Razr?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Willis

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I went and ordered the razr, now I am done with this damn T-bolt. I want to activate the Razr on my primary line, I added a line to my account to get the .01 cent price from Amazon, what is the best way to do this when I receive the Razr?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Not sure the easiest way to activate, but just wanted to make sure you realize by adding a line to your plan you will have to pay an additional 30 a month for the data plan even if your not using it.

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My plan was to simply move the device to my primary line and place a dumbphone on the new line and drop the data? I read the Amazon Disclaimer and all it said was you have to keep the service on the line for 181 days, nothing about the data.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My plan was to simply move the device to my primary line and place a dumbphone on the new line and drop the data? I read the Amazon Disclaimer and all it said was you have to keep the service on the line for 181 days, nothing about the data.

You might want to double check that, it may be with Data as well. In any event, it's very easy to move that phone onto any line, just call Verizonwireless customer service, tell them you want to change you device on a phone line and they will ask you for the SIM card number that came with the phone (it will be printed on the card as well as on the little credit card that you punch the SIM card out of) and they will also need the MEID number of the phone (this is printed on the white label that is stuck to the back of the Razr, don't peel it off yet until it's activated). That's it.

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks, if worse comes to worse I can move my spouse to the new line and give her the OG droid to use until our primary is ready for an upgrade. I still have no idea how long Verizon will be doing the double data deal. Down the road I might be glad that I kept it, our primary line has the unlimited.

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info, do I have to activate the Razr on the new line or can I activate it on the primary line and simply activate a dumb phone on the new line?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
All you will need to do is to go into Verizon and ask them for a new micro SIM after you activate the device on your primary line. You will then need a dumb phone for the new line. Just buy a piece of crap phone off eBay.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Razr will come with a 4g micro-sim (pinky nail size) in the box, since its a LTE phone.

To my knowledge, t-bolt uses a normal 4g LTE sim (thumbnail size).. so it won't fit in the razr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info, I got the confirmation from amazon and it says this "LTE 4G micro SIM Card" shipped with the phone, is this what I need instead of driving to the Verizon store?

thanks for all the help.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure the easiest way to activate, but just wanted to make sure you realize by adding a line to your plan you will have to pay an additional 30 a month for the data plan even if your not using it.

Incorrect. If you put a phone on those lines that do not require data plans then you only pay the additional line rate. I swapped 2 iphones after activating them and no problems at all with verizon as far as needing to keep data on lines that had dumb phones.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Incorrect. If you put a phone on those lines that do not require data plans then you only pay the additional line rate. I swapped 2 iphones after activating them and no problems at all with verizon as far as needing to keep data on lines that had dumb phones.

I've done this in the past and never had to pay for the data package once the dumb phone was activated. Even with taxes and regulatory fees, I think it came to $12.67 per month.

jag_180

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about buying an unlocked razr from a retailer such as expansys. When ICS is available, would it lock back up if I updated? I am guessing so, but just want to make sure before I buy a phone that is only available on unacceptable networks.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought if you bought from a third party retailer and switched the phone or the plan then they will bill you full retail price for the phone? I know all adding a line to get the phone at lower cost directly through Verizon, but let me know how it works out for you with Amazon, because they usually have way better prices, so I might go that route with my next phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You will need to follow Amazon's instructions for activating the phone which also accepts the terms and conditions. Failure to do so will result in being charged. Then since the TBolt has a full sized SIM and the RAZR a micro sim you will need to call VZW customer service and have them send out replacement SIM's for both phones or visit a corporate store. The replacement SIM cards are free.

If you just swap phones and leave the Bolt on the second line you stand a chance of not getting charged the $250 fee. If, however, you have the idea if putting a non smartphone on that line you have a high chance of getting nailed with the fee because when you drop the data plan (and thus the value of the "sale" to Verizon) Amazon will get charged back for part of their commission and you will get the fee.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I thought if you bought from a third party retailer and switched the phone or the plan then they will bill you full retail price for the phone? I know all adding a line to get the phone at lower cost directly through Verizon, but let me know how it works out for you with Amazon, because they usually have way better prices, so I might go that route with my next phone.

No. If you do this from someone like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Radioshack, etc no problem moving phones but Amazon will charge you the $250 fee. Some people have gotten away with this in the past but do you really want to risk it?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks, if worse comes to worse I can move my spouse to the new line and give her the OG droid to use until our primary is ready for an upgrade. I still have no idea how long Verizon will be doing the double data deal. Down the road I might be glad that I kept it, our primary line has the unlimited.

The double data is for LTE devices only. The promotion expires in mid January (I forget the date), but if course you get to keep it after that as long as you leave a 4G device on the line.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
No. If you do this from someone like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Radioshack, etc no problem moving phones but Amazon will charge you the $250 fee. Some people have gotten away with this in the past but do you really want to risk it?

I want the Nexus anyway, so by the time that's released the Amazon penny sale will be way over, if it ever gets released haha :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad