headphone jack broken

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I use my headphone jack daily to plug my phone into my car stereo to listen to music and make calls. I treat my phone relatively gently. Today I plugged it in, and it didnt work. I also noted that even since the first day it seemed as though it just didnt fit in there right. Verizon is replacing it, but my quesiton is: Does anyone else have a problem with a wonky headphone jack?

Podz

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Same exact issue here. Kinda pissed only had the phone for two weeks

My broke last night, best advice is get different model phone as this will happen later on and they will blame it that its your fault and get stuck with 600$ to have to pay to deal with it.... or have to file insurance to get a replacement...

NicholasBarry

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My audio out port (headphone jack) isn't working, regardless of what set of headphones I plug in. I don't know if it's a hardware problem (the port is messed up) or a software problem (the phone is refusing to route sound to the headphones or audio cable, and instead keeps playing out of the phone's speaker). But in any case, when I plug anything in, the phone doesn't even notice - it keeps playing out of the phone's speaker.

I know this is a totally separate process, but bluetooth still works fine.

darvc

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I just used my headset jack for the first time about 1 hour ago. After 30 minutes or so of functioning any pressure on the earbud plug would cause the phone to call the last dialed number. Even bumping the jack when I put the phone back in the holster after killing the call would start the process again. Very aggravating!!!

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue of my phone just simply not realizing that anything is plugged into it. It just plays sounds out loud like it wasn't plugged in. Doesn't bother me too much, but I'm guessing it's just a software problem.

andrew80003

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the exact same thing. Turned out it had a tiny piece of lint stuck in it. I very gently dug it out with a wooden toothpick and the headphone jack works fine again!

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I say to all of you forget the wired headsets and go wireless Bluetooth it's the only way to go today with all the great technology out there plus I have rubber plugs that go in headphone jack when not using which is always. We found them for Ipad and got them on Ebay about 10 in package and they fit all the newer phones and tablets with 3.5 :D

DonAndres861

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Razr MAXX. I just fixed it this morning. There was a lot of lint inside the headphone jack so it wasn't making a connection since I keep my phone in my pocket without a cover all the time. I took a small paper clip, twisted it to make it straight and started taking all the lint of the phone jack... now its back to normal.. :)

try it before calling or going to a Verizon store.. you might get stuck with a refurbished phone..

ricker214

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I read the tips on here with skepticism but after carefully shining a light in the jacks port I couldn't see much but some blue. I carefully fished in there a bunch of times and began pulling lint out. It gets packed in there good as you try to force the headphone jack in multiple times. Take your time and clean it out you will need patience but when done it will be fine. Compressed air will probably not work as I stated the lint ball gets solidly packed into the bottom. Carefull use of a paperclip should do it.
I was so happy I registered on this site just to post this. Thanks to all and good luck. Now if I can only make battery last a bit longer.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Also, some gel cases can make you think that the jack isn't working. You just have to press the plug in slightly harder than usual because the case has just a little bit of resistance to making full contact, even though it feels like it's all the way in.

AstonDB9

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem and to be honest I'm sick to death of seeing the whole "It's just lint" and "Buy bluetooth for your car!".

My phone should work properly without me sticking paperclips in the jack (voids the warranty) or buying some extra device because a part keeps breaking. Right now I'm waiting for my FOURTH Razr Maxx as the headphone jack has broken on three consecutive phones.

Support keeps telling me this isn't a known issue but it's all over the forums. What am I suppose to do just keep sending my phone in every two weeks because the headphone jack keeps breaking?

IT'S NOT LINT!

Mitch Stockwell

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the Motorola Droind RAZR. When i first got the phone, i got home to plug in my earbuds and it started calling everyone on my contacts list. Verizon replaced it right there. then about 10 months later the jack stopped working and they sent me another phone. And yesterday, my third one broke again only 2.5 months after i got it replaced. I'm going to really put up a fight to get them to give me either a new one or upgrade me to the RAZR HD. What the told me was the pins inside the jack sometimes get dirty and they can fix that but mine were all worn out or broken.

cnelayspd11

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact issue on my tablet where I dropped it and there were little cracks on the side I dropped it on. The headphone port now has a dent on it. Every time I insert headphones the sound will play from the tablets speakers. Please help this has been going on for months and I enjoy listening to music with headphones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL