A few questions about Razr, rooting.

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a former iDevice jailbreaker and I'm basically fed up with the similarities between the Galactic Empire and Apple. Insert Star Wars "droid" joke here.
If you can answer any of these questions or direct me to a post that does, I'd owe you one.

- How is the battery life for listening to music? Ex, playing on earbuds, medium loudness, phone locked, will it last overnight?
- What's the battery life for watching movies? Ex, medium brightness, playing from SD card.
- Am I expected to give the Droid a creative name such as "C3PO" or "L33T" ?
- What are some things I should do to the Razr (Installs, tweaks, etc) right out of the box to enhance my Android experience?

- I have some experience with Linux terminals. Rooting is basically allowing you to have root privileges to the phone, correct?
- Is it possible for my phone to get perm-bricked while rooting?
- Does the un-rooting program continue to run in the background on my phone, or does it just root you and leave?
- There is a root out now. Should I wait until it's been battle tested for awhile, or are all roots the same?
- A "Rom" is custom firmware, correct? I haven't been able to find any CFW for the RAZR, is it un-rom-able or is there just no releases yet?
- Once rooted, is there a central program, app, or site where I get all my root-enabled mods? IE a cydia?
- What is "freezing"? I know it hides the apps, but why "freeze" ?

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Insert Star Wars "droid" joke here.
---- we aren't the droids your looking for....

- How is the battery life for listening to music? Ex, playing on earbuds, medium loudness, phone locked, will it last overnight?
----- depends on the battery. A good 1700 battery should no issue... like razr has...
- What's the battery life for watching movies? Ex, medium brightness, playing from SD card.
------ see above.... depends on the battery. But you might get 2-3 2hr movies on a 100% charged battery.
—---- umm. ... ... .. whatever floats your boat. I don't name my phone. But if your like that, then I guess.....
- What are some things I should do to the Razr (Installs, tweaks, etc) right out of the box to enhance my Android experience?
-------- get a launcher.. like go launcher ex... its amazing what a unrooted Android can do versus a jail broken iPhone. System tweaks need root though.

- I have some experience with Linux terminals. Rooting is basically allowing you to have root privileges to the phone, correct?
-------- correct. It gives you "super user" access to the phone. Mod access. Admin access.. whatever you wanna call it. We call it super user.
—------ its possible if you fail to follow all steps correctly.
- Does the un-rooting program continue to run in the background on my phone, or does it just root you and leave?
------- rooting is permanent until you get a SBF tool and SBF your phone back to original settings. SBF is not a factory reset. It removes all info on phone. And reinstall the original stock rom.
- There is a root out now. Should I wait until it's been battle tested for awhile, or are all roots the same?
—----- I would wait until razr rooting becomes a norm ... . Each phone has its own root method.
- A "Rom" is custom firmware, correct?
------ custom made by a Dev or stock made by the manufacturer ....
- I haven't been able to find any CFW for the RAZR, is it un-rom-able or is there just no releases yet?
-------- phone is only 2 weeks old..... give it Time for someone to cook up a ROM for the razr...
- Once rooted, is there a central program, app, or site where I get all my root-enabled mods? IE a cydia?
-------- not really... Google encourages rooting... unlike the evil Apple empire. So.... if the rooting app isnt on Android market, then it was removed by Google due to business threats made by the manufacturer or wireless carrier. In that case, get a alternative android market for those (unethical) apps or just Google search it.
------- Android opens all apps when you boot up the phone. Then puts them in the background in sleeping mode obit doest use CPU and battery. Get watchdog lite to prove this. But some bloatware apps never sleep.. like social networking. Thus using your CPU. Instead of deleting it, which will cause you not to get a OS update, freezing it will keep the app on the phone and making OS updating still good, but it will FREEZE IT... non-working... thus no CPU is used...

Whew... I'm done.. my fingers need a Break.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

squiz03229

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

----- depends on the battery. A good 1700 battery should no issue... like razr has...
------ see above.... depends on the battery. But you might get 2-3 2hr movies on a 100% charged battery.
—---- umm. ... ... .. whatever floats your boat. I don't name my phone. But if your like that, then I guess.....
-------- get a launcher.. like go launcher ex... its amazing what a unrooted Android can do versus a jail broken iPhone. System tweaks need root though.

-------- correct. It gives you "super user" access to the phone. Mod access. Admin access.. whatever you wanna call it. We call it super user.
------- rooting is permanent until you get a SBF tool and SBF your phone back to original settings. SBF is not a factory reset. It removes all info on phone. And reinstall the original stock rom.
—----- I would wait until razr rooting becomes a norm ... . Each phone has its own root method.
- I haven't been able to find any CFW for the RAZR, is it un-rom-able or is there just no releases yet?
-------- phone is only 2 weeks old..... give it Time for someone to cook up a ROM for the razr...
-------- not really... Google encourages rooting... unlike the evil Apple empire. So.... if the rooting app isnt on Android market, then it was removed by Google due to business threats made by the manufacturer or wireless carrier. In that case, get a alternative android market for those (unethical) apps or just Google search it.
------- Android opens all apps when you boot up the phone. Then puts them in the background in sleeping mode obit doest use CPU and battery. Get watchdog lite to prove this. But some bloatware apps never sleep.. like social networking. Thus using your CPU. Instead of deleting it, which will cause you not to get a OS update, freezing it will keep the app on the phone and making OS updating still good, but it will FREEZE IT... non-working... thus no CPU is used...

I think that guy owes you twenty!

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Im impressed you wrote all that on your Razr lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781