Mobile Hotspot Issue......strange

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The mobile hotspot generally works fine. But for some reason, there are certain webpages it just will not display where my laptop gets stuck in the "waiting for http//....." mode. On my home wifi, no problem with that site (Yahoo Fantasy Football page).

But when I hook my laptop up to the hotspot when I am out and about, it won't pull it up. Other web pages will pull up just fine. The main Yahoo page will pull up. But the Yahoo Fantasy Football page just refuses to on the hotspot.

Any idea on what this could be? Same issue whether IE, Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its an MTU issue that Verizon and Motorola are aware of. Oddly enough, Yahoo is one of the websites that won't load for me at all. I used to USB tether due to this but even that won't connect at all now. So I'm using PDANet to tether through USB and may pay the $15 to keep it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jywang

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on a fix or confirmation that there is a fix?

I can't change the MTU on the Kindle Fire so although some things work (downloading books), other things like web browsing only works 10% of the time.

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this has been addressed? I am running close on my 30 days with the RAZR. Since it is a RAZR issue, I don't want to get stuck with one that won't allow my other wireless devices to work properly in the field.

tvjdroid

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I concur with this conclusion. I just talk to verizon they believe that it should be fixed in a software release from motorola sometime in february. Currently they only have this problem in the droid razr. They could not narrow the time of fix down more specifically. Some of the sites that are effected are yahoo Microsoft apple and more. Verizon offered to take the razr back and refund me the return fee. I settled for a 30 dollar credit for the month hopes of the problem getting fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz