Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Taking too long to charge?

It seems like it takes forever for my Razor to charge. Anyone else notice this?

Default Re: Taking too long to charge?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman21 View Post
    It seems like it takes forever for my Razor to charge. Anyone else notice this?
    Are you using the same charger that came with the phone or are you using a charger from one of your previous Android phones?

When I had Screebl on my phone the battery was discharging rapidly AND it took over 5 hours to charge it back up. Uninstalled it, now the full charge takes under two hours and battery lasts over 24 hours (I'm on Wifi a lot). Something is using up your battery while the phone is static.
    If you cannot pinpoint what's causing it, maybe do a factory reset before charging again. But yes, I have experienced it, and yes, it's not normal.

I'm using the new wall plug, but the Orig Droid's car charger. Charging does seem slow to me, especially connected to USB on the PC.

I think the 10% increments on the battery display make it seen like its longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No, it really IS longer. I had 10% increments on the orig. Droid, too. It charged like lightening whether in the car, in the wall, or thru the PC. This one's a bit slower. Well, quite a bit.

Perhaps it has something to do with the buttery being non removable and needing the slower charge. I haven't noticed it myself but I'll pay closet attention on my next charge.

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crocut View Post
    Something is using up your battery while the phone is static.
    +1

"In valor, there is hope."

Og Droid charges quick. Razr charges just as fast when in sleep mode. But if I have data on and on 4g. And am playing a YouTube video. While charging. I will actually lose battery.

Time to full charge from full discharge is 3.5 hours to 4 hours

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

It takes longer. Nothing is running in the background either. My bolt would charge faster, even while tethering to the computer for internet the bolt would charge, but it seems as if the razr loses charge. I have already returned one razr due to this, but its the same on the new one even right out of the box, with no apps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    It takes longer. Nothing is running in the background either. My bolt would charge faster, even while tethering to the computer for internet the bolt would charge, but it seems as if the razr loses charge. I have already returned one razr due to this, but its the same on the new one even right out of the box, with no apps installed.
    Are you using the Tbolt's charger to charge the RAZR? I noticed mine was doing this too when I used my HTC chargers to charge the RAZR.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
    Are you using the Tbolt's charger to charge the RAZR? I noticed mine was doing this too when I used my HTC chargers to charge the RAZR.
    Either tethering with the Motorola cord or charging into the wall. I only use the htc one to charge overnight.

FOUND A SOLUTION

1. be sure to use the USB cable and plug in supplied with the unit, other options; PC w/ USB or other USB cable will work but the fastest in using.

2. If it's taking longer than usual turn off the unit. I've found that this speed up the charge dramtically! By doing so, you can also see a battery simulation on the screen showing the charging process.

USB requirements are 5 volts from a USB connector. But the problem is amperage. Wall chargers can supply up to 1 amp (some will supply more, but you don't want more for a phone), while many computers will only supply 500 milliamps out of a USB connector. Thus the phone (battery) will charge faster with a higher amperage.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

ROM
    Stock

Wall charger charges mine super fast. USB is basically a waste lol.