ICS on RAZR will reduce effective screen size to 4.0" ?

eps

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If one of the major UI "enhancements" of ICS is to use screen real estate for buttons (effectively reducing screen size of GN from 4.6" to usable 4.3"), then will ICS on RAZR have the same effect? Reducing screen size to 4.0" from 4.3"?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine not. They have buttons already so they'll use them. I similar to how all the ICS ports work now on devices like the Nexus S

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I worried about this too. I imagine Motorola will have to put out their version of ICS so there goes the idea that ICS will solve Android's fragmentation issues. However, apparently those screen buttons aren't there all that time so maybe they disappear when you are on a program that needs screen real estate like a browser?

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes ^ - from what I have read, phones with physical buttons/capacitive buttons will still use those for navigation and the on screen software "buttons" will not be visible, which makes sense. Would be stupid having the ICS on screen "buttons" and the physical ones.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The very idea of ICS is to have one Android OS that can be scaled and tweaked to all devices. 3 inch, 7 Inch, tablet, phone, hard keys, soft ect. I am sure you wont lose any screen area to duplicate buttons. I am also sure (with the exception of blur, sense, bloatware ect) the manufactures wont have to create their own version of ICS

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I may be in the minority here, but if ice cream sandwich can be implemented without using the on screen buttons, I would be hot. I would rather use capacitive buttons. This way, I would still have the search functionality throughout the operating system.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I may be in the minority here, but if ice cream sandwich can be implemented without using the on screen buttons, I would be hot. I would rather use capacitive buttons. This way, I would still have the search functionality throughout the operating system.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

I'm with you. I want those 4 buttons available to me at all times, not just when the OS thinks I should have them.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Google has added the ability for the device manufacture to turn on or off the ICS onscreen buttons so that A: They can use it on older phones that have buttons and B: If the manufacturer still wants to create phones with dedicated buttons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87