Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By larrygeary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Automatic Blue Tooth connection

My Incredible would automatically connect to my Ford Sync system when I turned Blue Tooth on, on the phone. Now with the Razr, it says that it's paired but not connected. I have to connect manually each time. Is there a setting on two RAZR that I'm missing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Default Re: Automatic Blue Tooth connection

Must be a Ford thing. My Razr connects immediately to my Chrysler 300.

Same, mine connects automatically to my Acura.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Damn! My HTC worked. I'll help to play with it some more.

Try leaving Bluetooth ON. Either way I have no such problem with my Acura. Once it was paired and connected, it reconnects every time I have it in the car with Bluetooth active.

I have the same problem with my Razr - it says that it's paired but not connected to my Ford. I used the original droid with it and it connected automatically.

Works fine in my Infiniti g37

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Try rebooting the phone.

Well, the good news is that your Razr is fine. The bad news is you'll have to upgrade your car.
    teardropcity and bubbadog like this.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

Go into your Bluetooth settings and long press on your vehicle that it is synced with. It should give you the option in there to Manually Connect or automatically connect as well as give you a few other options.

Quote Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post
    Well, the good news is that your Razr is fine. The bad news is you'll have to upgrade your car.
    Ha ha..... my Bluetooths connect fine.

No such issue, my 2012 Acura RDX will connect automatically. It will even disconnect my other headsets if I have it with me and take over.

One thing I learned from this thread - you should have gotten an Acura. Lol.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    No such issue, my 2012 Acura RDX will connect automatically. It will even disconnect my other headsets if I have it with me and take over.

One thing I learned from this thread - you should have gotten an Acura. Lol.

Well it's my company car so it has to be a Ford. Free car = better than paying for one.

After some experimentation I learned that if the Razr's BT is on, it will automatically connect once I get within connection distance from my car. It's when BT is off and I turn it back on is when I have to manually connect.

I'll keep experimenting.

CW

ROM
    I am Chicken

I haven't noticed that but I did notice that Sync in my 2012 Explorer will read my text messages on the Razr, first android phone that I have heard of doing it!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by CW View Post
    I haven't noticed that but I did notice that Sync in my 2012 Explorer will read my text messages on the Razr, first android phone that I have heard of doing it!
    That feature wouldn't work with my Incredible but it works with the Razr. I think it's Bluetooth 4.0 that enables that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post
    Haha this isn't as crazy as it sounds...Ford provides updates for SYNC on their website which can be installed via USB stick.

When I had the thunderbolt it worked great with my uncle's f150. Connected and read and answered my fone.

I haven't had any problems with mine in a Kia Optima but my Bionic dropped bluetooth connection a few times