what happens when/if i root?
02-06-2013 07:33 PM
- I have never rooted a phone before, but I would like to try with my razr. Social location app is killing my battery and from what I've read rooting is the only way to stop it. But I have no idea where to really start.
What's the easiest method for a newbie rooter? I am scared to death of bricking my phone.
What happens if I do brick it?
What happens if I don't? Where do I go from there?
And lastly, what happens when I can update to ICS?
Please help me!11-28-2011 12:14 AM
- I guess I was more concerned about what happens after I do root it. Do I still have all my apps and stuff? I've read all this stuff about custom ROMs but I haven't found anything broken down in 6 year old terms for me. Do I have to get a custom anything? I basically just want to freeze bloatware.11-28-2011 06:12 PM
- I guess I was more concerned about what happens after I do root it. Do I still have all my apps and stuff? I've read all this stuff about custom ROMs but I haven't found anything broken down in 6 year old terms for me. Do I have to get a custom anything? I basically just want to freeze bloatware.
But since you're new to the concept, I would strongly suggest you wait awhile. I don't believe there is currently a method to restore a bricked device.11-28-2011 08:18 PM
- i did root my phone by download the app called "root2.3.zip" then once i turned off my phone i gone on to power option and selected "apply from Sd"
then i didn't clicked on "reboot system now" so i just turned my phone off then on i had all my apps every thing i was happy then 1 week later my phone starting to freeze so i took my battery of then turned it on and charge my phone for 2 whole days so i took my phone to the shop he said " i had a phone galaxy nexus and the same problem with it, it is cuz of root I'll try to fix it" 3 day later i come back for my phone he unbricked it for me so it was like a anew phone no apps installed only the ones that had installed automatically.
now i will not root my phone but i feel like i want to
so dont try rooting it might be bricked like mines but the problem with mines i forgot to click reboot now
any SOLUTION on how to get "SUPERUSER ROOT ACCESS WITHOUT ROOTING PLEASE TELL ME"11-19-2012 08:26 AM
- There is a solution to unbrick android you need to download on computer "osin multi downloader (android)
then you turn your phone into downloading mode(depends what phone you have but works with galaxy ace)
fill in the space by browsing automatically and select the right ones then click "start"11-19-2012 08:32 AM
- 02-05-2013 03:58 PM
DumpedDuce Approves This Message02-06-2013 07:32 PM
I got a chuckle out of this.
DumpedDuce Approves This Message02-06-2013 07:33 PMLike 1
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR
what happens when/if i root?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD