what happens when/if i root?

samj732

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have never rooted a phone before, but I would like to try with my razr. Social location app is killing my battery and from what I've read rooting is the only way to stop it. But I have no idea where to really start.

What's the easiest method for a newbie rooter? I am scared to death of bricking my phone.

What happens if I do brick it?

What happens if I don't? Where do I go from there?

And lastly, what happens when I can update to ICS?

Please help me!

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
There's a topic a few posts below called "root/unroot methods". I just rooted tonight using this method, pretty straight forward if you use the method posted in this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

samj732

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I had read that post but had found other stuff about another way to do it too. As I have no idea what I'm doing anyway I got confused :p

samj732

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess I was more concerned about what happens after I do root it. Do I still have all my apps and stuff? I've read all this stuff about custom ROMs but I haven't found anything broken down in 6 year old terms for me. Do I have to get a custom anything? I basically just want to freeze bloatware.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I guess I was more concerned about what happens after I do root it. Do I still have all my apps and stuff? I've read all this stuff about custom ROMs but I haven't found anything broken down in 6 year old terms for me. Do I have to get a custom anything? I basically just want to freeze bloatware.

You don't really have to do anything after you root. I use an app called titanium backup to save, restore, and uninstall apps/bloatware.

But since you're new to the concept, I would strongly suggest you wait awhile. I don't believe there is currently a method to restore a bricked device.

Mobby Arab

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i did root my phone by download the app called "root2.3.zip" then once i turned off my phone i gone on to power option and selected "apply from Sd"
then i didn't clicked on "reboot system now" so i just turned my phone off then on i had all my apps every thing i was happy then 1 week later my phone starting to freeze so i took my battery of then turned it on and charge my phone for 2 whole days so i took my phone to the shop he said " i had a phone galaxy nexus and the same problem with it, it is cuz of root I'll try to fix it" 3 day later i come back for my phone he unbricked it for me so it was like a anew phone no apps installed only the ones that had installed automatically.

now i will not root my phone but i feel like i want to
so dont try rooting it might be bricked like mines but the problem with mines i forgot to click reboot now

any SOLUTION on how to get "SUPERUSER ROOT ACCESS WITHOUT ROOTING PLEASE TELL ME"

Mobby Arab

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There is a solution to unbrick android you need to download on computer "osin multi downloader (android)
then you turn your phone into downloading mode(depends what phone you have but works with galaxy ace)
fill in the space by browsing automatically and select the right ones then click "start"

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Dude what are you talking about? This is the razr forum not even sure if you have this phone.. Just download matts utility 1.82 and use that to root I have never heard of anything you used.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
i was wondering will it basically reset my phone

Your phone will reset and when it comes back on it will have a count down to self destruct so make so you are in an open area where you can throw it away from you.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Dude what are you talking about? This is the razr forum not even sure if you have this phone.. Just download matts utility 1.82 and use that to root I have never heard of anything you used.

Agreed on Matt's Utility 1.82 for your rooting needs.

i was wondering will it basically reset my phone

Depends on what steps you take/skip but probably beat if you do wipe your phone clean.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message