Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rumored firmware update

After having stellar battery life all weekend on wifi I'm hoping the rumored firmware update will fix the 3g battery drain. Go from 100 percent to 70 percent in a little over 2 hours on 3g

That's my only complaint as well. Surprisingly the display isn't a big battery drain as most androids, and 0% brightness is actually pretty bright. But if 3g is going you can watch the battery go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by slbe1892 View Post
    That's my only complaint as well. Surprisingly the display isn't a big battery drain as most androids, and 0% brightness is actually pretty bright. But if 3g is going you can watch the battery go.

I heard if you have less then -95dbm strength then its gonna drain fast. I have -85 with full bars. Not sure why its low with full bars unless thy has nothing to due with signal strength in DB...?

Default Re: rumored firmware update

Theres a firmware update coming?? What would some of the fixes be?

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy Nex

I hope it fixes the wifi range
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Higher numbers are bad...lower numbers are good. The lower the number the stronger the signal.

If it means anything I have -94 so maybe that's hurting it. Wish we could go get internet at home. Hopefully the update addresses this.

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slbe1892 View Post
    If it means anything I have -94 so maybe that's hurting it. Wish we could go get internet at home. Hopefully the update addresses this.

This update will address the fact that you can't get internet at home? How do you expect your phones software update to do that?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Is don't know I'm so damn confused here!! Like I said stellar life on wifi horrible on 3g. Have around 80 dBm which I believe is good and battery drops like crazy on 3 g

Quote Originally Posted by brianbrod1 View Post
    Is don't know I'm so damn confused here!! Like I said stellar life on wifi horrible on 3g. Have around 80 dBm which I believe is good and battery drops like crazy on 3 g
    I believe you can only get anywhere from 6 to 9 hours (depending on signal strength) per charge when on cell data. How long does your battery last while on cell data only?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Aero it varies big time. 4-5 hrs on average. Just hear way too many variants.....

Quote Originally Posted by brianbrod1 View Post
    Aero it varies big time. 4-5 hrs on average. Just hear way too many variants.....
    There are times when I get 4-5 hours and then there are times when I get 8-9 hours. It really depends on how you're using it, where you're using it (signal strength) and screen time. Like I've noticed, at home I get really good signal strength so I can go around 10 hours on cell data (3g) before I have to charge it again. At work I have terrible signal strength so it usually goes 4-6 hours before I have to plug it in; I don't even use it much at work either. On wifi I can easily get 14-15 hours per charge.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    This update will address the fact that you can't get internet at home? How do you expect your phones software update to do that?
    I meant hopefully it addresses the signal strength hurting battery life, I've never had phone affected by that so badly.

Can someone confirm that Moto is even working on a software update for the Razr... I was unaware of this...

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Can someone confirm that Moto is even working on a software update for the Razr... I was unaware of this...
    It's just a rumor at this point.

Thats what I thought, but most of the people here are making it seem as if its real...

Thanks for the reply.

It's a rumor from a guy who is over the east coast market of VZW. Originally saw the thread on another razor forum. Maybe a Google search can link you to it.

The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Motorola has yet to confirm yet alone acknowledge a firmware update for the Droid Razr. These rumors on a firmware update are nothing more than that... rumors.

Brought to you by Droid Razr via Tapa-that-***
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com