1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swiftkey?

Is anyone using swiftkey on their RAZR? I used to love it on my incredible but it seems to lag just enough on my RAZR to make it an annoyance to use. I notice the standard keyboard does a bit of predictive sentences but not near the accuracy of swiftkey.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Re: Swiftkey?

I love swiftkey, but for some reason I struggle on it with my Razr. I didn't necessarily find it to lag, it just felt cramped. It's not a great deal smaller than the stock keyboard, but it's just enough that I missed a lot of letters. I also seemed to miss the A and L a lot (though some of that is due to the wide bezel). I still think swiftkey is a great keyboard, but the stock keyboard on the Razr is actually pretty great. The predictive text is awesome on swiftkey, but again, the stock keyboard does a pretty good job anyway, and I tend to type everything out most of the time too. I may give SK a try again sometime, but with the stock keyboard fitting my needs 99% of the time, is there any real reason to switch?

Default Re: Swiftkey?

I had used Swiftkey on my D2G and Xoom. On my Razr I am using Ultra and it is just fine. Lots more control of the key size in both formats, plus more.

I'm using SwiftKey on the Razr without any issues.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

using SwiftKey x on the razr... still getting used to it, but overall better than stock

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

For those of you not having issues, do you type relatively fast and / or use multi touch? I generally have two thumbs on the keyboard at all times.

ROM
    I don't root.

Tried Swiftkey X on my Razr a few times. Every time I try it thinking I will get used to it but it's just too laggy. Perhaps it doesn't take advantage of the dual core processor. (In fact I am finding that a lot with most apps. Very few apps run better on my Razr compared to my Droid X, which had a single core processor. )

I will admit that Swiftkey X works better in portrait mode than does stock keyboard. But I prefer to type in landscape. So I will stick with stock keyboard for now. Just wish I could find some skins for stock keyboard.

Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Deron Baker View Post
    Tried Swiftkey X on my Razr a few times. Every time I try it thinking I will get used to it but it's just too laggy. Perhaps it doesn't take advantage of the dual core processor. (In fact I am finding that a lot with most apps. Very few apps run better on my Razr compared to my Droid X, which had a single core processor. )

I will admit that Swiftkey X works better in portrait mode than does stock keyboard. But I prefer to type in landscape. So I will stick with stock keyboard for now. Just wish I could find some skins for stock keyboard.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me. It was never this laggy on my incredible and that has a much slower processor, even if you count out the dual core.

I also agree with you on the skins, it almost makes me want to go back to Better Keyboard

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Swype FTW!