Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By androidatic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    Hey I got to play with the GSM GNex this morning and I have to say CNET was right; the biggest advantage that the GNEX has over the RAZR is ICS, and the camera shutter speed. But other than that the RAZR very much holds its own. It was a nice phone don't get me wrong I was slightly tempted to send back my RAZR but pound for pound side by side comparison the RAZR very much holds its own.
    I didn't reall compare text, comparing screens. On the same website the RAZR got more of the web page than the nexus did; tes believe it. As far as the screen rotation the RAZR reacted much quicker.
    Also I people may argue its not the final build, but I ran the quadrant bench mark, and when it got to the part with the big and small planet. The Gnex was condiserably choppier........
    That little extra screen makes no difference at all, excepth for probably watching movies and pics.
    The GN felt sleek but as far as innovation in design, its pretty much the same.
    Imo you won't really regret keeping the RAZR when the Gnex hits this Fri.
    Lastly I think the Razr may overall possibly come out ahead by a nose in the long run.
    I'm not slamming the GNex but I give the Razr the slight edge.

    CNET Review of the Gnex
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  2. #2  
    diverbelow's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    Most people seem to forgot that the Nexus series phones receive it updates straight from Google, not from the OEM/carriers.

    Also, is quadrant ICS ready? I don't think so. Remember when Gingerbread was released and people where upset that gingerbread scored low on quadrant or even choppy or even missing some of the graphics because quadrant was not Gingerbread ready.

    Thanks, but Razr is very limiting for me and will get the GN when it is released.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Although I haven't yet had the chance to play with one, from everything I've seen and read I'm just not that impressed with what they GN has to offer, aside from ICS. Keep in mind I am not into rooting and custom ROMS so I guess it would appeal to that crowd.

    I use my phone as a phone first and the build quality and radios on Moto devices is second to none. After all, if I can't connect I have nothing.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    Like I said not knocking the GN. But the overall experience of the two. People will be very suprised. But that's my opinion......
    Don't get me wrong I could still change my mind and go with the GN. But the two phones are very comprable
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    My whole purpose of this thread was to say the RAZR is no slouch
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    this is big because I think most assume they will just go to the gnex, I am still undecided, was the use any easier? I really want to ignore the ics difference, but like the screen and finger reach which can be hard on the razr, was it noticeably better/easier on the gnex?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    Quote Originally Posted by smacyo137 View Post
    this is big because I think most assume they will just go to the gnex, I am still undecided, was the use any easier? I really want to ignore the ics difference, but like the screen and finger reach which can be hard on the razr, was it noticeably better/easier on the gnex?
    They are basically the same size. ICS will take some getting used to. The cool thing about the GN is the updates. But overall user experience it won't blow the Razr outa the water
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    I think some ppl are acting like the G Nex vs the RAZR, Bionic and Rezound is gonna be like the G Nex vs the Droid 1 or Eris...lol. It happens when any new phone is released in Android land. IMO the biggest differences between the 2 are ICS out the gate, faster future updates, full custom ROMs, the screen res and NFC. Swap some features and specs here n there and all these current phones are all the same.

    Like I said about the Rezound screen vs the RAZR screen....some ppl may be surprised that they might like the RAZR screen better. Cuz in the Amoled vs LCD debate....its all preference. No matter what the screen resolution is.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    I'm happy with my Razr..not really sweating the Nexus.

    My big thing was, after thinking about it- with that extra screen resolution to push the GNexus won't really be any faster and could quite possibly end up being slower than the Razr. With ICS on both devices I think it will be a wash.

    I'll worry about an HD screen next gen when the hardware is really there and ready for it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: I Played With A GSM GNex Today And CNET Was Right

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I think some ppl are acting like the G Nex vs the RAZR, Bionic and Rezound is gonna be like the G Nex vs the Droid 1 or Eris...lol. It happens when any new phone is released in Android land. IMO the biggest differences between the 2 are ICS out the gate, faster future updates, full custom ROMs, the screen res and NFC. Swap some features and specs here n there and all these current phones are all the same.

    Like I said about the Rezound screen vs the RAZR screen....some ppl may be surprised that they might like the RAZR screen better. Cuz in the Amoled vs LCD debate....its all preference. No matter what the screen resolution is.
    I agree, and the purpose of these forums is to help people make a decision. Or should I say one of the purposes.
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
    I'm happy with my Razr..not really sweating the Nexus.

    My big thing was, after thinking about it- with that extra screen resolution to push the GNexus won't really be any faster and could quite possibly end up being slower than the Razr. With ICS on both devices I think it will be a wash.

    I'll worry about an HD screen next gen when the hardware is really there and ready for it.
    When shopping for a new TV my research showed that on smaller screens, usually below 32", the resolution becomes less of an issue. I find it difficult to believe that on a 4" screen there is a huge difference.


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    jroc likes this.

Posting Permissions

B