Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging LED?

Hey there,

First time poster here. I have been on the WPCentral forums before with my old Windows Phone (Which I loved.) But I had to switch to Verizon and got the Droid Razr. It's pretty cool so far but is there no LED light when charging?

The rest of the phone is fantastic.

Default Re: Charging LED?

Hello Bill and welcome from another newbie

I was also wondering about the LED. It appears that the LED is only lit for charging when the phone is powered down (??).

Can anyone verify?

Thank you.

Also the led notifies only when the battery is full.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ROM
    I don't root.

No LED comes on when the phone charges while already powered on. The look of the battery icon changes in the notifications bar when you charge, but the phone's screen has to be on to see it.

You can turn on an audible notification when the phone reaches "full" (actually is 95%) charge. It is in the settings menu.

Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.

Hello I've had a droid razr for some time now. Recently it died and whenever I plug it to a computer or an outlet, it doesn't charge and the white led comes on. Please help.

No LED while charging wth phone on. (is one when phone is off). Initially annoyed me but I more appreciate the LED for missed calls or texts when charging than I do a charging light.

Go to the market and purchase Light Flow....you can customize your LED light to a variety of colors for a variety of things. Great app I use it and love it!!!
    iPhone> Incredible> Thunderbolt> Galaxy Nexus> Moto RAZR

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

the led can be set to blink colors for different contacts, the single greatest thing you will ever do once you get used to it.

it was the only thing I miss from my blackberry and Now I have it back

Go SMS does it
    and Blink Led in the app store does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SF DINC View Post
    Go to the market and purchase Light Flow....you can customize your LED light to a variety of colors for a variety of things. Great app I use it and love it!!!
    +1 Light flow is a fantastic app!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adauth View Post
    +1 Light flow is a fantastic app!

I have the Razr Maxx. Are you folks able to control the frequency of how fast the led lights up with Light Flow? I'm testing out the free version and it won't change for me. No matter the frequency I change it to (slow, fast, very fast, constant, etc), it stays the same speed. Is the paid version different in that aspect also along with lighting up for more apps? I'm also having an issue where my individual contacts text color(purple) won't change from the every sms color(yellow). I haven't tested out any other options(missed call, mms) to see if those won't change either. Are they working for you on the razr? I miss my BerryBuzz!!

Changing the LED "blink" frequency on the MAXX doesn't work with Lightflow, at least for now. I have the paid version and I get the same behavior as the free version.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    Changing the LED "blink" frequency on the MAXX doesn't work with Lightflow, at least for now. I have the paid version and I get the same behavior as the free version.
    Ok, thanks for the info. How about the individual contacts? Do you have any set for that and if so, are they working properly?

Handcent SMS lets you set the LED Color, Blink Frequency and individual notification sounds for each contact. Plus you can customize each contact's text window if you like.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

It most likely can't set the blink frequency on the MAXX, although it can probably handle most everything else.

If Light Flow can't do it (and it can't), I doubt anything can.