Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jroc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default root the phone yes or no

Seriously considering rooting phone. What are the major pros and or cons. Any input would be appreciated...

Default Re: root the phone yes or no

Do it. Free yourself from all the Motorola and Verizon crap. Just keep in mind sometimes rooting can be more difficult then anticipated, my suggestion is to read, reread and know all the instructions inside out and not only know what you are doing but understand why you are doing it....

I don't have a razr, are they ready to be safely rooted?

Like the post above me says. Make sure u know how to do this. Rooting can help with battery life. Removal of extra apps. Custom Roms (which I don't know what the difference is between that and an alternate home replacement like adw launcher pro and 91 panda.)

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

Root it. Just don't complain when things don't work right & don't blame Motorola or android!

I rooted mine and used titanium backup to freeze all the crapware they put on the phone (moto crap and all the verizon )
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Tovalmorgan View Post
    I rooted mine and used titanium backup to freeze all the crapware they put on the phone (moto crap and all the verizon )
    Is there a recovery method yet?

Major pro is its like running a PC as Admin. Major con is.....its like running a PC as Admin. lol If not careful you can cause more harm than good.

Like if you root you have the ability to remove apps, etc. If not careful you can cause things not to work. Using Ti Backup to freeze apps is the best bet.
    yibrushn and milkshed27 like this.

I say root. (assuming there's a safe method and a way to go back to stock) Here's way. imagine you get an ota update. turns out the update messes up your phone BADLY (it's happened all too often) how do you go back? you can't you're stuck till the next update if any! and ota updates tend to break root methods. so now you're stuck. if you were rooted and you flashed a bad rom you just flash another better rom and you're good to go.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Thumbs up Re: root the phone yes or no

Yes, it's great to root (just as the others have stated).
    I was rooted, but went back to stock, being there's virtually no ROMs out yet (although I do believe there's at least one). I'm also waiting for a more affirmative SBF. And from the looks of things the guys at XDA are getting really close to perfecting one.
    So I'm gessing this time next month we should be getting better options for our Razrs.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com
    MacGyver Wannabe

If you have to ask, the answer is "No, do not root your phone". The answer is always "No" if you have to ask. You'll thank me later when your phone isn't a brick.