I'm SOOOO glad I got the Razr

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have both Razr and the GN both, and as much as I like the GN, I will most likely be returning it. I just can not deal with the poor reception that I'm getting from it. My GN is constantly showing to be without a signal 40-50% of the time when I check under the battery use screen.

My Razr never had a signal issue at the same place. I'm not in 4G area and while 3G has been fine on my Razr for use with Slingplayer, because of the poor reception and can't even use it on the GN.

Spend some time over at the Nexus forum here, The 2 biggest complaints are poor reception and poor battery life. That's coming from current Nexus owners, not me.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The problem is the Nexus itself is CRAPPOLA and software can NOT fix that. ;)

That's the problem with the Nexus is the software. Also I think a newer CPU with an older gpu may be an issue. But the speaker quality sucked. The saving grace of the nexus is the CPU. Because even at 3g it loaded a tad bit faster than the Razr. But switching between 4 and 3g faster. I guarantee u the Razr will lock in faster. Lets face it the GN is the ubergeek phone. Don't even act like the GN blows the socks off the Razr because it doesn't. Also lets see which on has a better chance of surviving spilled liquid on the table.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Spend some time over at the Nexus forum here, The 2 biggest complaints are poor reception and poor battery life. That's coming from current Nexus owners, not me.

I have been, I have even posted about subpar RF over there. It really is ridiculous, I have always known that Motos usually had better RF, but for me the GN is beyond horrible. I consistently get 1.2mbps download on 3G with the Razr, and could only get .2mbps on the GN sitting in the same spot because the RF was so bad.

Another side by side comparison I made was to leave both phones sitting on the table for 2 hours without using them. After 2 hours the GN showed to be without signal for 43% of the time and the razor held a connection the entire 2 hours.

My GN is boxed up and ready to be returned first thing in the morning.

mitchstehlin

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
lolololol above all the RAZR is so ugly. complete eye sore. next, if you have used vanilla android before and think for two seconds that MOTOBLUR is better, you have serious, and I mean serious problems. But oh well I think I'll just hold off for the Galaxy Nexus Maxx.... hahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been, I have even posted about subpar RF over there. It really is ridiculous, I have always known that Motos usually had better RF, but for me the GN is beyond horrible. I consistently get 1.2mbps download on 3G with the Razr, and could only get .2mbps on the GN sitting in the same spot because the RF was so bad.

Another side by side comparison I made was to leave both phones sitting on the table for 2 hours without using them. After 2 hours the GN showed to be without signal for 43% of the time and the razor held a connection the entire 2 hours.

My GN is boxed up and ready to be returned first thing in the morning.

Now that Google owns Moto (or will soon), here's to hoping that the the next Nexus is a Moto. I'd really like to get one someday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
VZW and Google have been going back and forth with this. Obviously the ui is completely free but there are a couple non-uninstallable apps(did that make sense?). But also, google is kind of claiming that verizon had something to do with google wallet not being available by default or in the market for the device and verizon is saying they had nothing to do with it. I just hope that when the next version of android comes around verizon doesn't hold it up..

Verizon isn't BLOCKING anything, Verizon chose not to license Google Wallet from Google for whatever reason. Most likely it had to do with their own competing product which is in the pipeline but it could easily have also been that Google wanted too big of a cut of the processing fees. Who knows? A handful of people with Verizon and Google, not any of us.

And as I understand it they have already managed to get it hacked on the VZW GNex.

This is the one thing I am worried about with the gnex, but for some reason I think people are over blowing up the antenna issues trying to make it seem like the gnex has some type of huge flaw. I've heard people also say they get great reception or better reception than the razr with their gnex. I am getting around -80 to -85 dBm right now with my razr so I'll make sure I look at this when I get my gnex. I'll also check what type of reception I get at work and compare that too.

In my experience the signal issue is overrated, yes. It's definitely not good, but it's not as if it barely works or anything. It works just not nearly as well as other phones.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
In my experience the signal issue is overrated, yes. It's definitely not good, but it's not as if it barely works or anything. It works just not nearly as well as other phones.

On this one I have to respectfully disagree with you. In areas where the reception is really poor
the reception will be significantly different between the two. The call would not be as spotty with
a better radio.
For instance when I was in the VZ store with the GN doing a comparison vs the Razr I turned on the screen, and did a browser comparison. The GN ahd to first hunt for lte/cdma. The Razr was locked in to LTE already. The GN did not pick up the LTE but had strong 3g. Now here is where the radio/antenna
made no difference. In 3G the GN did load web pages a hair faster than the RAZR did in 4g.
Browser; yep the GN will kick the Razrs arsse if they both were able to stay on 4g at the same
time.
It could be due to software or it just could be a significant hardware issue. Also in a spotty area in my house. The GN got -120db where the Razr got -97db.
I know the argument can be made about flashing ROMs to correct the issue, but some people don't have time to do so, or the aptitude.
Will Google be able to address the issue with the next update and future updates that remains to be seen. Out of the box straight up. The Razr is more polished and ready to go, and that is just my opinion.

karl1coleman

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why it is so hard to be happy with your phone and not crap on others at the same time.

I obviously liked the nexus better but they are both great phones. No need for affirmation by bashing someone else's choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

+1. Isn't this part of why we prefer Android phones? Choice? It does no good to crap on the choices other Android users have made.

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as it can do the job, it's not obsolete. My Droid RAZR replaced my original RAZR phone because the old phone could not do what I needed done in my new circumstances, so in that sense the old RAZR was obsolete. But in fact, it still made calls on the Verizon network like it always did, and that's all I needed previously, so until my needs changed it was NOT obsolete, even though it was 6+ years old.

Somewhere my old Compaq 386 is running DOS and making its current owner happy because it does what he needs it to do.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
All of you are CRAZY...the GN makes that razr so dull and to top it off they played you all because as of today its obsolete thanks to the Razr Maxx...hahahaha

Yeah? At least i can make a phone call because i got a signal. u mad brah?

Anyways got my razer and i love it. Trying to get the screen brightness set up to how i like it but chances are i'll just go back to auto.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea...add me as one who is glad I got the RAZR.

Spent a few minutes with a G Nex...and the screen looked.....interesting. The Verge mentioned it looked sparkly. That describes it good. Sparkly, glittery.

The reception, signal issues that going on right now with the G Nex....add me as another that puts reception and battery life 1st, everything else 2nd. Sure, everywhere else it might be a decent phone, will have insane dev support. But the phone parts of a phone matter more to me than anything a dev can do.

And my RAZR sounds louder than my DX1. If the G Nex has a low speaker....I cant do it. I officially havent charged up my Droid 1 since I got my RAZR....no longer need it for an alarm clock. I compromised with my DX1 and the speaker cuz the reception was better than my D1. Dont think I will do it anymore. And probably wont.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah? At least i can make a phone call because i got a signal. u mad brah?

Anyways got my razer and i love it. Trying to get the screen brightness set up to how i like it but chances are i'll just go back to auto.

I've got signal and can make plenty of calls. My speaker works fine too. My screen looks beautiful no matter what brightness. Lol.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
One would think GN would be discussing the virtues of their phone with other GN owners instead of trying to convince other phone owners who don't care for the GN for various reasons?

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think there are some GN buyers who based their decision on the fact that it had been reviewed as the greatest phone ever made, and are then annoyed when they discover that there are people that don't actually share that view. Insecurities abound.

Reactions: jroc

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You would not think that happy razr owners would need to make threads calling other phones a pos , yet here we are.

When a phone falls apart in your hand what would you call it? That's what happened to me when I was checking it out in the store, hence my comment in the OP.

I don't feel the need to see what GN owners are saying about the Razr because frankly I don't care. So why are you here again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy