Should I get the Razr or the Galaxy Nexus?

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The radio issue can be fixed with a software update. The radio is fine. Seems they have been a little to conservative in the spirit of saving battery. Speaking of batteries...I bought an extended (50%off) and now get a solid 14-16 hours with HEAVY use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How do you know the radio can be fixed with software? Are you an engineer for Samsung? Several Samsung phones have had piss poor radios. Yes they have been improved slightly through software, but you can only do so much if the hardware sucks.

jmeyers278

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the GN and the RAZR side by side for 3 days....the razr is by far superior. The screen on the gn is not noticeably better, ics is cool but the gn is not worth the early upgrade to ics. I will wait for it to come to the razr. the gn seems cheaply made, the battery life is awful, and it just feels cheap

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Is this a app? I looked on Market but didn't see it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Serious? The RZR is old, farting dust old, and the nex is sexy. Kinda simple......If you want a out the box, get a iPhone, if you are capable of more, kill it.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Whatever phone you choose do NOT base it off of ICS availability. Yes the Razr will get it at some point but in reality, I would rather wait for ICS even if it takes a few months to get. A good majority of Apps are not optimized for ICS and DO NOT WORK currently. This will all change in a few months as developers work on compatibility now that ICS was released and by the time the apps are optimized and ready for ICS, Motorola should be rolling out the ICS upgrade.

I have a Razr and love it. I was also one of the people who got the Razr to hold me over until he GN was released but after using the Razr, there is no way in hell I am trading it in. Samsung is not known to have good cell radios, Motorola on the other hand is a pioneer in cellular radios and in fact a good portion of the cell towers are made with Motorola's technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarryMe

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Whatever phone you choose do NOT base it off of ICS availability. Yes the Razr will get it at some point but in reality, I would rather wait for ICS even if it take a few months to get. A good majority of Apps are not optimized for ICS and DO NOT WORK currently. This will all change in a few months as developers work on compatibility now that ICS was released and by the time the apps are optimized and ready for ICS, Motorola should be rolling out the ICS upgrade.

I have a Razr and love it. I was also one of the people who got the Razr to hold me over until he GN was released but after using the Razr, there is no was in hell I am trading it in. Samsung is not known to have good cell radios, Motorola on the other hand is a pioneer in cellular radios and in fact a good portion of the cell towers are made with Motorola's technology.
I agree, ICS isn't enough to push me to buy a GN. I need to go play with the phones some more and actually make a call and hear the quality of the call, too.

I just wish the Razr had a removable battery.

tumbleweed65

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally love my RAZR the ONLY reason I'm debating of trading to GN is the RAZR is a tad topheavy and cannot talk and surf on 3g.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Note that, surprising to learn, the Razr DOES allow you to talk and surf while on 4G, no idea how they pulled that off.

And it is slightly cumbersome. It's too wide to handle one-handed very well, but I don't know what top heavy means. I don't have that. That is where the hardware jacks are, not the battery.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Note that, surprising to learn, the Razr DOES allow you to talk and surf while on 4G, no idea how they pulled that off.
The VZN guy at the store told me that all the 4G phones have that capability. I don't know if he is right or not, but that is what he said.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally love my RAZR the ONLY reason I'm debating of trading to GN is the RAZR is a tad topheavy and cannot talk and surf on 3g.

You can't talk and surf on 3G either with the nexus. That only works on 4G. Unless u have a Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The VZN guy at the store told me that all the 4G phones have that capability. I don't know if he is right or not, but that is what he said.

He's correct, all 4G phones allow you to talk and surf at the same time so long you are connected to 4G, if you're in a 3G only area, you won't be able to talk and surf. As of now the only phone Verizon has that allows you to talk and surf on both 3G and 4G is the Thunderbolt and that's due to the different cell radio it has in it.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
He's correct, all 4G phones allow you to talk and surf at the same time so long you are connected to 4G, if you're in a 3G only area, you won't be able to talk and surf. As of now the only phone Verizon has that allows you to talk and surf on both 3G and 4G is the Thunderbolt and that's due to the different cell radio it has in it.

I thought the Rezound could do that as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital