RAZR v. Rezound Pros and Cons

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone give me a quick comparison of the Razr v. Rezound in terms of pros and cons? I have been researching the Galaxy Nexus v. Razr, but think I need to look at the Rezound, too

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a two horse race between the RAZR and the Nexus. Although, the Rezound does come with nice headphones. The RAZR comes with no headphones. Honestly, it just comes down to personal preference. I like Motorola over Samsung and HTC, so I'm biased. I'd tell you to get the RAZR because of the foward thinking design, great hardware, and really stellar reception. People that are partial to HTC will tell you to get the Rezound, and people who are partial to Samsung will tell you to get the Galazy Nexus. I'm not sure the reasons they'd give, but I'm sure they would be valid. Gut feeling usually works best, but doing research doesn't hurt either. Are you leaning towards a particular phone already?

Reactions: CarryMe

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you leaning towards a particular phone already?
I was leaning toward the GN due to the larger, higher resolution screen and the removable battery. Then I started reading about the reception problems and that worries me that it would be a hardware problem. What good is a 4G LTE phone if it can't keep the 4G LTE signal? I realize that in areas where the 4G LTE signal is strong it may not be an issue, but 4G LTE is new where I live (just got it in November) and while driving I drive through areas that have either weak 4G LTE or 3G only signals. And GN supposedly runs hot, which is never a good thing for a piece of electronic equipment.

Since all of these 4G LTE phones are battery hogs, I like the idea of a spare charged battery when traveling or outdoors when you can't recharge. Or just for me being forgetful and having the spare on hand to use because I fell asleep without plugging in my phone.

The Rezound sounds like a nice screen, too and it has a removable battery.

I really wanted a phone before the end of the month while VZ has the double the data promotion going on so I am trying to research quickly. So much to learn, thanks for your help!

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else care to comment on why they picked the Razr over the Rezound?

I had an Incredible for almost 2 years. While it was a good phone, Sense is a battery and CPU hog. The other reason is that HTC us very, very slow to update the OS and fix bugs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
For me the choice was RAZR for a couple reasons:

-After using SuperAMOLED screens I'll never go back to LCD, they just look washed out with white light and have bad viewing angles. Despite the Verge's panning of the RAZR's screen I think its one of the best looking displays on the market.
-The Rezound seemed too thick and heavy to hold.
-As others have mentioned Sense is a CPU and Battery glutton, Blur is very light on the RAZR.
-Smart Actions App is very useful.
-Beats Audio only works in the stock music app.
-Razr's speaker is the best phone speaker I've ever heard.

cdiar

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For me, my decision started with brand name. I love Motorola. They build their phones very, very well, and they are significantly less destructible imo than the crappy plasticy phones that other companies make. I'm clumsy and drop everything and I just wasn't willing to risk it.

Secondly, I can't stand the UI that comes with HTC phones. I think it's ugly. But hey, some people like it. I like Moto because it's sleek and simple if you can ignore the blur (which, admittedly, drives me nuts).

Thirdly, it came down to the specifications and reviews. And... Well, just the beauty of the RAZR. It's just as lightweight as it is thin, but not in a cheap, I'm-gonna-split-in-half-and/or-shatter-if-you-sit-on-me way. The Rezound was huge in comparison. Not something I would want to have in my pocket. Yes, the RAZR is big, but it's not thick, and that makes it much better, at least to me. And don't get me started on that amazing screen. =)

You just have to decide which specifications and brand characteristics are most important to you. I might have gone with the Nexus if it wasn't made out of flimsy plastic. That screen is incredible and I would love to have ICS right now. But instead, I went with a brand that is tried and true, which I've had for years (and remembering back in the day, how long my flip phone Razr lasted me, even when I ran it over with my car, in the snow), and which got great ratings. You just gotta choose.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Rezound is nice but sounds like anyother phone with a 5 channel s curve. Beats headphones are way overpriced and sound like crap when compaired to bose, audio technica etc. Dont base you decision on the headphones or beats in the phone. Rezound is nice but its way to thick with subpar sound and a pair of over priced earbuds.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Rezound is nice but its way to thick
I agree on the thickness. The other thing I noticed was that the glass on the screen seemed to be highly reflective, more so than the other phones. Maybe it was just the lighting in the store, idk, so I am going to another store to check.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
From someone who has all three devices:

Both phones are amazing and have comparable performance. Thae RAZR gets better cellular reception but the SIM card authentication error is getting irritating.

The screen on the Rezound is much more bright and vibrant and actually looks more realistic than Samsung screens.

If you're heavily into social networking or need exchange support you will be glad to have HTC Sense.

Camera is much better on the Rezound.

Thus far the non removable battery hasn't been an issue for me with the RAZR but I believe it eventually will be.

Ultimately the choice is yours, only you can weigh what is important to you and make your own personal decision.