Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kawirider1228
  • 1 Post By somerussianguy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default scratch proof

hi,

this razor..is it really scratch proof? granted thats probably a little exaggerated, but at the same time I was told that I really dont need a shell case for it as it is designed to be pretty durable..

ROM
    Motoblur

Default Re: scratch proof

Even Gorilla Glass isn't immune to scratches but they tend to be very small and hard to see when they do happen. At least if my old Droid X was any indication. That said, scratches are pretty uncommon. I can say that my Razr has survived two beer spills on it without any problems!

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Hardly scratch proof. I take care of my phone and still managed the pickup scratches on the backside. Moto's biggest mistake with the hardware was going with a shiny plastic instead of soft touch.

My screen is protected under a screen protector. I stopped believing in gorilla glass since my tbolt. The dont make it like they used to it seems.

Not scratch proof at all. I did a small scratch test to see if it was and i regret it cus i made a few scratches with my keys. Galaxy tab had way better gorilla glass. I scratches that thing with keys knives and stuff and it is good.

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

the little silver motorola band on the front above the speaker is the only thing thats scratched with my use, little annoying to look at

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    Hardly scratch proof. I take care of my phone and still managed the pickup scratches on the backside. Moto's biggest mistake with the hardware was going with a shiny plastic instead of soft touch.

My screen is protected under a screen protector. I stopped believing in gorilla glass since my tbolt. The dont make it like they used to it seems.
    Hate to tell ya, but TBOLT didnt have gorilla glass.

Quote Originally Posted by smacyo137 View Post
    the little silver motorola band on the front above the speaker is the only thing thats scratched with my use, little annoying to look at

Call MOTO maybe they will send you a new one.
    Just love my GN2

I would say it is highly exaggerated. I can show you scratches on mine. Apparently it looks really hard but my experience is it is not as hard as they advertise.
    Informative Discussions about Internet Phone and other Communication Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by tdubrpdx View Post
    Even Gorilla Glass isn't immune to scratches but they tend to be very small and hard to see when they do happen. At least if my old Droid X was any indication. That said, scratches are pretty uncommon. I can say that my Razr has survived two beer spills on it without any problems!
    Really wow...................
    Now see thats a plus in my book because doo doo happens.
    Cnet did a test on the Razr and ran it under water for a bit and it still worked.
    If someone has a glass of something on the table I will take my device
    off because I worry about spills........
    Good to know
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

Quote Originally Posted by djousma View Post
    If you don't know what you're talking about than don't say it. Do a Google search for Corning Gorilla Glass and go to their website. Look at the list of products that feature it and the Thunderbolt is clearly listed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

My droidX was amazing the bionic not so had a bunch fine scratches. There is a coating they started puting over the gorilla. So ive gone with a screen cover on my nexus

The gorilla glass on my DX and Transformer works great. If the Tbolt really does have it, corning should pull their name from it. Every Tbolt I've seen look trashed.
    akutch34 likes this.

Hate to tell you but Thunder Bolt does have Gorilla Glass.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by znc62511 View Post
    Hate to tell you but Thunder Bolt does have Gorilla Glass.. lol

Doesn't matter...the Tbolt was a garbage phone. They probably used low quality Gorilla Glass on it.

Yeah I was one of the ones that thought Gorilla Glass was for the most part unscratchable. Not so on my Bionic. Granted, it's only a small, light scratch, but still. I had both the OG Droid and Thunderbolt without screen protectors and no scratches on either. I just noticed the scratch on my Bionic today and i have no clue how it happened either!
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Yes it does, check Cornings web site, it is certainly listed right there...but on the same side the screen scratched super easy.

All glass can scratch. Doesn't really matter what they call it.

they have never advertised gorilla glass as being scratch "proof"...gorilla glass is advertised as being scratch "resistant"...there is no such thing as scratch proof right now

Judging by the number of cracked and smashed iPhones, even if Gorilla Glass is scratch-proof, it's sure as f*** not shatter proof!

Maybe it's just my stupid logic but I think if you be careful with your phone and don't treat it like car-keys, you wouldn't need Gorilla Glass.
    balthuszar likes this.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somerussianguy View Post
    Judging by the number of cracked and smashed iPhones, even if Gorilla Glass is scratch-proof, it's sure as f*** not shatter proof!

Maybe it's just my stupid logic but I think if you be careful with your phone and don't treat it like car-keys, you wouldn't need Gorilla Glass.
    The iPhone doesn't use Gorilla Glass. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by radioboy View Post
    The iPhone doesn't use Gorilla Glass. At all.
    According to this it does...

Is the plastic on the camera/flash portion also GorillaGlass?

I'd hate to have a scratch over the lens...

Quote Originally Posted by freegood View Post

I'd hate to have a scratch over the lens...
    I know what u mean. On my Nokia n97 the sliding cover was really close to the lens that I had a little dust inside and it scratched the lens. It annoyed me cus i saw a slight blur on every picture.

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by freegood View Post
    (step 11)

So... is there any screen protector/strip out there made for it?
    Last edited by freegood; 12-22-2011 at 05:42 PM.