Droid RAZR Questions

NYCJay#CB

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Sup guys, I'm currently thinking about upgrading my phone to the droid razr since it's one of the best phones for verizon at the moment and i'm still using my blackberry tour. I had some questions.

Is it possible to get an extended battery?
What should I know about the droid before getting it? i.e. knowing all of the bad first.

If anyone has an extended battery can you upload a picture so i can see what it looks like! thanks for everything guys!

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
There is no extended battery. Check out this product at Amazon:

New Trent iGeek IMP99D 9900mAh External Battery Pack

I purchased it for my Razr, have used it and it eased my worries. It's a great product. I've recommended it to iPhone user friends of mine and they love it too. Read the reviews at Amazon. There are many including mine.

I also made the switch to the Razr after being a BB user for many years. The learning curve is not steep at all. The whole menu system is different but it's no big deal to get used to it. I think the BB email is better than the Droid; however, after reading Android forums many people suggested downloading the open source K9 email app which I did.

I've been using the Razr since its day of release, Nov. 11. I have no regrets making the switch from BB.

NYCJay#CB

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading here before I posted but now i've come to a dilemma. The Droid RAZR or HTC Rezound? I've been checking out that phone as well. Yeah I think these droid phones are a big upgrade from my current blackberry situation. thanks for the reply & I'll check out that product as well!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading here before I posted but now i've come to a dilemma. The Droid RAZR or HTC Rezound? I've been checking out that phone as well. Yeah I think these droid phones are a big upgrade from my current blackberry situation. thanks for the reply & I'll check out that product as well!

Either device would be a great upgrade for you or if you want to save a little money the Bionic would also be awesome. You mentioned an extended battery and the Bionic, unlike the RAZR has a removable battery and extended battery pack.

Reactions: NYCJay#CB

NYCJay#CB

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Motorola Droid RAZR in the mail. I came to another question, typically rooting the phone would you guys recommend it? Also going to invest in that external battery and would you think it would be necessary to get a case for the phone? Good bye Blackberry

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Motorola Droid RAZR in the mail. I came to another question, typically rooting the phone would you guys recommend it? Also going to invest in that external battery and would you think it would be necessary to get a case for the phone? Good bye Blackberry

I'm in the process of leaving BlackBerry as well. Using a Razr as well and getting used to the Droid way of life.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Now that there is a way to restore your device in case something go wrong, I would say you should feel comfortable rooting and ROMing.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

I dont root phones personally but that's a choice of mine. Plenty of people do and the tools are available now to (most likely) fix it if you screw it up.

I dont plan to get a case for this phone personally.

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anything else you guys might recommend for a new Droid RAZR user? I appreciate all the feedback!

QuickPic - better than Gallery imo.
Picas Tool - if you use picasa web
AAA roadside - if you have AAA card
Software Data Cable - incase your usb cable doesn't work..lol
SDrescan - when your picture just take doesn't show up on your gallery
SMS Backup & Restore - I think you already know by the name.
TeslaLED - I use this because it works on mine better than TinyFlashlight +LED
ZEDGE - wallpaper & ringtone

Many more apps available if you root your phone. If you are going to root your phone, educate yourself from this forum or go to XDA-Developer forum. Don't just root it before you understand or aware of risk.

Hope you enjoy your spanking brand new RAZR.
Happy New Year !