Need some help with Razr problems- switched from Gnex

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OK I just remembered that there seems to be two different screen types on the Razr. One, like the one that I have, with the blueish/greenish tint when looking at it at an angle (which seems to be much more common) and another like my girlfriend's, which has a more pinkish tint at an angle.

When I look at my GF's Razr at a slight angle the whites do tend to look more white than if you're looking at the screen straight on. The more extreme the angle the more it starts to turn pink. I now see what you mean about the whites looking yellowish, but only in comparison to the whites when viewed at an angle.

BTW this info is based on about a dozen different Razrs I've held and used.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It seems you didn't read my post clearly, I don't notice the yellow tint at an angle, I only notice it head on. The phone looks much better/ clearer at extreme angles. I don't even know how its possible but it's what's happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yep. I read it wrong....The one I viewed looked great straight on, at least to my eyes... Like I said I don't have one so I'm not defending it.

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
OK I just remembered that there seems to be two different screen types on the Razr. One, like the one that I have, with the blueish/greenish tint when looking at it at an angle (which seems to be much more common) and another like my girlfriend's, which has a more pinkish tint at an angle.

When I look at my GF's Razr at a slight angle the whites do tend to look more white than if you're looking at the screen straight on. The more extreme the angle the more it starts to turn pink. I now see what you mean about the whites looking yellowish, but only in comparison to the whites when viewed at an angle.

BTW this info is based on about a dozen different Razrs I've held and used.

It sounds to me like you are the first person who has recognized what I see. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the situation on my screen is just amplified. I however have a blue tint when tilted at extreme angles and not pink. In all honesty this may be completely normal and I may just prefer the "bluish tint" that I see at an angle versus the look of the screen straight on.

If I could get past one issue I think I would be fine but it is bothering me and will be the reason I visit Verizon to compare against their displays. That issue is that when on the lock screen with the stock wallpaper it looks very yellow and if i start to slide the lock screen over (unlocking the phone) it looks like I am sliding away a yellow haze as the image below looks much better.

In my eyes I suppose the lock screen should just look darker and not more yellow.

For all those people loving the comparison between the Gnex and the Razr I personally love the Razr as far as feel, performance (general zip) and hardware quality goes. I can only say that I liked the galaxy nexus. Anyone stuck between these two needs to hold and use each device (minus security attachment) for at least 20 minutes before making a decision because I can clearly see why people would prefer the Razr to the Gnex like I do.

bennolen

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the screen - I've had 3 RAZRs on my plan. All three had slightly different screens. The best looks great at all angles. The worst looks good when looking dead on, but tilt it a few degrees off straight and it gets a blue tint to it.
Seems to be luck of the draw on screen issues/quality.

Regarding wifi - they all had trouble connecting to my WPA2 wifi - flaky unreliable connections. I had to set one of my access points to be Open wifi.
After updating to the newest RAZR update, the wifi has been great on my WPA2 wifi.

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
After a visit to two Verizon stores and looking at three Razrs (2 black, 1 white) I can assure everyone that this is simply a trait of the screen used on the Razr.

All four Razrs I have had in my hand have experienced the same thing, slighting yellow white and greys head on and a slightly blue/bright white when looked at from an angle. A great way to see the difference is in the XDA app when looking at the new post list, just look at the green bubble on the right side at am angle, it pops much much better than looking straight on.

On a good note though my screen was by far the least yellow of all four I looked at (all set to the same brightness and tested at different levels including auto brightness ) and was the only one that didn't have image retention.

I will live with it though because other than that I am working through most issues and love the phone.

On a side note has anyone noticed when unplugging the Razr that directly after you do the batter goes from 100% to 99& instantly? Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Thanks!

tugcapt1#CB

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
BAM...

Wow...lol.where do I begin.... I wasnt gonna break the post up but there is just so much to respond too...

Opinion. I suggest you really spend time in both RAZR and G Nex forums sections at different sites. Really read reviews of each phone. The G Nex isnt clearly superior without a doubt. Oh...there is doubt...both are good phones, both have pros n cons. Some of us need to remember this with all these devices.

Opinion again. Like stated above and stated numerous times in numerous forums at numerous sites, it depends on the person. You would be surprised there are some ppl that see the Pentile issue with the G Nex...and it bothers them....shocking isnt it? And I saw the Bionic screen....and its no where near as bad as some ppl make it as far as Pentile is concerned. There is also a sparkly, glittery thing going on with the G Nex screen....I noticed that immediately when I first saw it. No screen or phone is perfect. Even the mighty G Nex screen.

Opinion about the screens....and When you say slaughter...I think you are confusing Moto with HTC. You do realize that Blur is the closest custom UI to stock Android than all the others? Someone said it perfectly the other day...pretty soon any phone running Sense UI will be running a completely different OS. And the bootloader effects how many ppl? Exactly.... Not to mention HTC is tryiong to catch up with Moto and the bootloader issue. Funny since HTC was the first to release an Android phone and actual Android dev phones were/are made by HTC...the ADP 1 and 2.

See comment I made above....and for whats its worth....you come off like a G Nex fanboy....starting with the first sentence....oh well...

See post above about sounding like a fanboy...Ok....so what flaws does the G Nex have besides the signal fiasco going on right now since like you said you speak the truth about each device flaws...? Like I said, really spend some time in different G Nex sections...you would be surprised that not everyone is head over heels in love with the G Nex. Case in point...this thread...

Another thing....some folks that arent getting good reception while actually using the phone were probably spoiled by using Moto phones and their reputation for good to great reception. And other phones that did ok in the reception dept. too. Samsung and weak reception has been with them since before Android came out. This is nothing new....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12