Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to do a hard reset?

Is there any way to do a hard reset or power cycle on the RAZR? I have a D2 and am thinking about switching, but I've had to pull the battery on my D2 every once in awhile and am leery of getting a phone that doesn't have a removable battery.

What do you guys do if your phone locks up and won't respond to the power button? Is there a pinhole reset somewhere?

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

Power and volume keys... :-)

D2 is a slider.. way way way way to many issues with sliders. Both Android and non Android.....

But ill guarantee you won't have freezing issues on a non-lemon razr. :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any way to do a hard reset?

Quote Originally Posted by androidcore View Post
    D2 is a slider.
    Yes, but if you want a physical keyboard then you're stuck with either a slider or a tiny screen.

Thanks for the tip on the power + volume though. I'm assuming that the D4 will have something similar, which is good enough for me.

Volume and power buttons is a soft reset. If you want to do a hard (factory) reset, you need to do the following:

From the screen of your phone, press the Menu button
    Tap Settings
    Scroll down and tap Privacy
    Tap Factory Data Reset
    Check Erase internal storage if you would like to erase all the data on the phone internal storage such as applications, music, movies or photos.
    Tap Reset Phone

Also, if you have a problem that prevents you from going into your phone, according to VZW

Alternate method

1.Power the device off.
    Press the Power button then select Power off.
    If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
    2.Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
    3.When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
    4.Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
    5.From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
    6.Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
    Use Volume keys to navigate options.
    7.Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    Data wipe may take several moments.
    8.Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
    9.Refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Power button and the volume key, you have to hold them for several seconds before it works. My razr has locked up two times and this worked both times. Have not had any other problems with it. Had an original droid and switched to razr, you will love it.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by androidcore View Post
    Power and volume keys... :-)

D2 is a slider.. way way way way to many issues with sliders. Both Android and non Android.....

But ill guarantee you won't have freezing issues on a non-lemon razr. :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Never had any issues with my OD for two years[still in use today by someone else] or my wifes D3, I have no problems with my Razr either but it has froze up 2 times. Soft reset worked both times. There are issues with any phone slider or not. All you can say positively is from your experience. By the way how do I collect on that guarantee?

Hi, will doing this also free the network so I can use a different sim card? I tried to get an unlock code, but two companies have said there is no code in the database. Any ideas please? Thanks!

If your phone is unfortunately through Verizon like mine is.....take out the SD card and as hard as u can......start swinging the hammer at it. As far as Verizon Customer Service... It's non existent

Posted via Android Central App

Hey, let's all try to be a little helpful, yeah?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.