Went from Iphone 4s to Razr...

Mimonb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with PP about the comparison with Iphone 4S and Razr... I did disable all smart actions and it has seem to help a bit but not entirely. Also i downloaded the camera FX and have its a lot better than orginal camera. Hope verizon fixes these stupid outages so I can use my SMART phone like its made for lol

WCapers

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I'm having the opposite experience. I gave the Razr about a month. Tried resets, different settings, etc. The bluetooth in my car worked maybe 30% of the time. I could make a call but got no audio over the speakers. My Wifi connection has been great with the Gnex, and spotty with the Razr. And I personally prefer the camera. I'll agree on the build quality- but I have the Best Buy warranty so if I break it no biggie. I know everyone says radios better, I haven't had issues with mine. I have a good LTE signal where I am, and the Razr would be constantly switching over indoors at work, not so with the Gnex. I found the OS on the Razr to be pretty buggy once I added a few widgets and changed the launcher/theme. I have to say that after spending considerable time with the Razr that the Gnex is a better device. Scrolling through browser and forum apps is much smoother- overall it feels more like the future than the past. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune a month from now, and be returning the Gnex, but my initial impression scores it higher.

You sound like my colleague who has the GNex also... Hopefully your right. To each his/her own -- still loving my razr.

the gig

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You sound like my colleague who has the GNex also... Hopefully your right. To each his/her own -- still loving my razr.

Did they own both, or basing opinions on what they read or heard? After spending time with the RAZR and going the the Gnex, the difference is there, I can't say the Razr is a better device for MY real world use. I gotta tell ya- I really wanted the Razr to be better so I could prove myself right the first time and return the Gnex back for the Razr. I really did like it.

jdcaddell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
OK this is a question for the OP or anyone else that went from their iPhone to the razr/Droid here after ios5 came out. Are any of you having issues receiving texts from your iPhone using friends or have that complained about how hard it is to send u a text after you switched?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
OK this is a question for the OP or anyone else that went from their iPhone to the razr/Droid here after ios5 came out. Are any of you having issues receiving texts from your iPhone using friends or have that complained about how hard it is to send u a text after you switched?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Read this article.... Should fix your issue.

http://www.imore.com/2012/01/05/imessage-bug-time-easy-fix/

Androidpwns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
OK.. I'm quiet peeved... Went from Iphone 4S to Razr after reading fantastic reviews.. well I'm in Indiana and if im not in a 4g area I get the no data connection... why won't it switch to 3g... here at work i would get full signal on my 4S now i get the grey bars and occasional 4g signal... Is this a network issue... software? hardware? I don't want to give up on the Razr but geez this sucks lol

'Cunning Logic' made an app called "LTE OnOff" specifically for the Thunderbolt...perhaps something similar exists for the Razr.

templetonryecy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I also came from the IPhone 4s. I agree with all the above. Camera is super important to me. I can't stress enough how much better picture quality is on the Razr if you download Camera FX from the market. HUGE difference! I took a ton a pictures in every lighting situation with the stock app vs Camera FX and it crazy how much better every single picture was.

This is good to hear. Thinking of move to Droid Razr (or Razr Maxx) from iPhone 4S and am worried I'll miss the camera too much.

Some other questions I have for Razr users that have switched from the 4S:

1. The loudspeaker on the iPhone is awesome. I listen to music and calls on speaker OFTEN. The level is better than any Android phone I've ever owned.
How does the Razr stack up? How does it sound at max volume loud? Loud enough? Clear enough?

2. Bluetooth performance on iPhone is amazing. Never once have I had any issues with any of my bluetooth devices, particular my 2011 GMC Terrain. Several Android devices I have had had issues. Constant issues.
How is the overall bluetooth experience/performance on the Razr?
Any known bugs?
Anyone by chance have a newer GMC vehicle they've tried it with? :)

THANKS!

irishleo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I would give the sound quality on the 4s speakers a 10 for sure. The quality of the Razr is very comparable. I listen I my music on the Razr everyday and have zero complaints about loudness or quality. I own a 2011 Chevy Z71 and Bluetooth is great, again very comparable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781