1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Anyone have a Razr and Nexus and doing SIM swaps?

Just curious to see if anyone has a Razr and Nexus and just dos a SIM swap when they want to use the other device?

I am considering doing that but didnt know if I would run into issues just swapping SIM cards or not.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a Razr and Nexus and doing SIM swaps?

I just converted back to the Razr from the nexus. We used the same SIM card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Did you keep both phones or did you just return the Nexus?

I want to know if there are any issues with constantly moving the sim from phone to phone.

The only issue is a possible factory reset between SIM switches.

Just returned my nexus and am now back on the razr with the same sim card..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I have swapped back and forth several times without any issues. The only issue is that sometimes the phone I am using is not updated instantly on my verizon. I sold the Nexus and am keeping the Razr.

I have been swapping back and forth since the GN was released.I haven't had any issues or had to do any soft restarts,just pull from one and put in the other but I make sure the phone is off when I insert the sim card.My GN must be one of the ones with a bug because it is just slow in every aspect and the speaker sucks along with it dropping coverage alot.I cannot return it as I dropped it on my way into the store and it cracked the top left corner of the screen(not bad but noticeable) so I have to go through asurion.I do wish I could swap it to try another one as I did have to go through two prior razrs before I got a perfect third one.so there are deffinetely some phones out there that give a phone a bad wrap if someone got a bad one first.
    I here alot of people getting on someone who wants a better camera on the gn. I for one agree the camera sucks,atleast on mine(as stated above all phones seem to be different).But the camera on my razr takes beautiful photos.I don't expect a digital camera but when there are better cameras on previous phones(charge) why would you put a less capable camera on your premier phone.
    These of course are my 2 cents having both the razr and gnex to mess with.I hope this may be of some help to someone.
    Thanked by:
    0pusX 
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    The only issue is a possible factory reset between SIM switches.
    Yep, I haven't done it ont his phone yet but every other recent Moto android phone has done a factory data reset when the device phone number changes.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

But if I keep the Razr and Nexus both for myself and just use the same SIM card (and cell phone number) but just switch between the 2 on occasion, that wouldnt happen right? Since its not getting a new phone number...?
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    But if I keep the Razr and Nexus both for myself and just use the same SIM card (and cell phone number) but just switch between the 2 on occasion, that wouldnt happen right? Since its not getting a new phone number...?
    It shouldn't I would think. Back up your files and data just in case.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

I haven't had any issues swapping the sim card back and forth between the two. I actually switch multiple times on some days just to check the signal as the gn will not pock up the 4g in areas I have full bars in 4g on my razr. My local store said I couldn't do this but it works with no problems.I can actually log into my verizon and see the razr listed and log out and switch the sim card to the gn and log back in to my verizon and see the gn as my device.
    I think I am going to get rid of the gn and keep the razr.

I got no problem with using my phones when i switch sims. However under my Verizon account it wont switch to my Gnex it just stays on my Razr even tho my Gnex is working and has the sim in it. Reset it and what not called them and they tried to force the change and my account would just go back. They said they would send it to the next tier and it would be about 2-3 days for them to address it. No problems with it working but it just wont switch on my account. However when i first did it it switched and the first few switches they would switch back and forth and then it just went back to the razr why i was using the Gnex.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks everyone for the replies!!