Issues with "No Data Connection" even though 4G shows in notifica

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue of 4G showing in the notification bar but when I try to use any app that uses the internet they all say "no data connection?"

It's extremely annoying and I have to constantly turn on and off data until it finally works.

rickc1015

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Issues with "No Data Connection" even though 4G shows in noti

Yes, call Verizon and put in a ticket. I had the same problem with 3g, but 4g and wifi was fine.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Mine does it too. I live in a 3G area, but when I go into the 4G area (every day for work), it often doesn't make the switch. So, when I talked to VZW about it, they said "Toggle the airplane mode." Duh. But why should we have to do that? It is what it is, I guess. I wonder if we can get a Smart Action set up for that?

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My data is flimsy. my brother in law's thunderbolt is working flawlessly. And I did a speed test in both side by side. Same amount of bars and thunderbolt was faster. Wtf.

Sent from my HTC Edge using Tapatalk

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

If the 4G icon is on, but white, then it is not connected. It has to be blue to be active. I get that sometimes, and just toggle airplane mode on and then off, and it seems to fix the problem.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If the 4G icon is on, but white, then it is not connected. It has to be blue to be active. I get that sometimes, and just toggle airplane mode on and then off, and it seems to fix the problem.

I thought blue meant background sync?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Ever since I got the update my data has been spotty.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

No no blue means connected. The little circle with arrows means sync

I still don't think that's correct. I can have the blue 4G LTE in the notification bar, go to settings -> Data Manager -> uncheck "Background data"

The 4G LTE symbol will now go white, but I can still use the internet just fine. Which is what I always thought it meant, that white meant connected and blue meant background sync.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I still don't think that's correct. I can have the blue 4G LTE in the notification bar, go to settings -> Data Manager -> uncheck "Background data"

The 4G LTE symbol will now go white, but I can still use the internet just fine. Which is what I always thought it meant, that white meant connected and blue meant background sync.

That very well may be true. My experience has been when the white is showing your data isn't going.

What is it syncing with when it's blue?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

That very well may be true. My experience has been when the white is showing your data isn't going.

The only app that has ever barked at me when I've disabled background data was the market. It won't even let me open the market until I re-enable it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Its funny, I have had data work and not work when in white. Lol

Edit, as I type this my Wi Fi and 4G are white. Lol

Last edited:

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site

My wifi is either blue or grey when i'm using it. I can't recall ever seeing it white. But when wifi is on my data connection is white. Sometimes it does turn blue when wifi is on

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is either blue or grey when i'm using it. I can't recall ever seeing it white. But when wifi is on my data connection is white. Sometimes it does turn blue when wifi is on

My bad, its gray. I never paid attention to the fact that the 4G turned white. I thought only two colors.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Okay a few moments ago the data connection was working with the white on. Go figure lol

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh my lets not start another color code frenzy like the Govt did with the Terror alert color scheme. :)
And my Social Network never seems to refresh during any color.:(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh my lets not start another color code frenzy like the Govt did with the Terror alert color scheme. :)
And my Social Network never seems to refresh during any color.:(

You have me thinking about the first episode of American Dad where he is making fun of the color scale.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Ever since I got the update my data has been spotty.

Same here. I've been leaving it in 3g even though I live and work in 4g areas. Today, I turned on 4g, and as I was looking at twitter, my 4g went out, and I lost data. I waited for a few minutes, and it came back, but then my touch screen was locked up. only the menu/home/back/search and hard buttons worked. I had to do the reset using power/volume down just to get the phone working again. All of this is since that damn update.:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma