Bug or feature

bamakid366

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
There is definitely a bug here, but don't know if it is a feature.

When I hold the status bar like I'm trying to open the notifications but don't swipe down in time the screen will turn off. I didn't figure out why my screen was turning off for a while until I long pressed without swiping. Is that a feature? If it is a feature then it has a bug because it doesn't happen every time. If it is not a feature then it is a bug.

Either way I don't like it! Anyone else?

bamakid366

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My screen is not timing out. I have it set for one minute. When it works I can do it in rapid succession: unlock, long press, screen off, and repeat. So screen timeout is not it unless the bug affects screen timeout or in-pocket detection.

Now that I think about it - the problem could be in-pocket detection. Where I place my thumb is partially over the sensor, and in-pocket detection doesn't always work for me. Next time the long press works I'll test to see if pocket detection works and will let you know.

bamakid366

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
It was the in-pocket detection that was causing the screen to lock. My thumb was too close to the proximity sensor. When it finally happened again I didn't touch the screen but only covered the sensor and the screen locked. I then long pressed the notification bar with my thumb away from the sensor and the screen stayed on. Then I put my thumb back over the sensor and the screen locked.

So now we know the bug is with in-pocket detection. Why doesn't it always work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol