swapped Razr for Maxx

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
HTC, is quicker than Motorola at getting updates out most of the time.

Until you have lived with HTC for 2 years you might think that, but it's not the case at all. I lived it, I know how long it takes.

Motorola has already pushed out the upgrade to 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 is leaked already and should be out any time. That's 2 OS updates already. Gingerbread was out over 8 months before HTC pushed it out. Do a little research and check it out yourself.

And if you start the same crap as the other threads the mods will have to be notified again. It gets a little old when someone comes into a thread and constantly tries to derail it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Until you have lived with HTC for 2 years you might think that, but it's not the case at all. I lived it, I know how long it takes.

Motorola has already pushed out the upgrade to 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 is leaked already and should be out any time. That's 2 OS updates already. Gingerbread was out over 8 months before HTC pushed it out. Do a little research and check it out yourself.

And if you start the same crap as the other threads the mods will have to be notified again. It gets a little old when someone comes into a thread and constantly tries to derail it.

Notify away buddy. I haven't been the one calling names in any of these threads.

I have lived through both Motorola and HTC. Both flat out stink for getting updates out in a timely manner. Gingerbread had been out for months before either manufacturer got them pushed to their phones. Even with those hold ups, HTC has been quicker.

sabrerider

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
IMO the slightly thicker H,W & L can be attributed to the different bezel than the X. This has me curious why the same reviewers that called the X "comfortable in hand" are calling the RAZR and MAXX "kinda wide". Either way, I consider the MAXX to be the X's weight lifting, ass kicking big brother. I will have it but may wait on a white one?

itsskeemz

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Because I am not going to pay another $300 for a bigger battery that I don't need. I regularly get 14+ hours with Smart Actions and if I really needed to I could get well over 20+ going without any data.

For as infrequently as I would need more battery life, I'll just get a $40 external battery charger.

Besides, one of the reasons I got the Razr was it's size. I don't want an increase of 30% in the thickness of my phone.

I meant for people who actually want the Razr Maxx but are past their return date, sorry. I agree with you though, if your battery life is fine, there is no point in switching

The only android phone I ever had was the Thunderbolt and that battery lasted me 4 hours without even putting my corporate mail on it. I was going to buy the Razr, but I have no idea if I'll be fine with the battery life of the Razr. The problem is, if I "try" it, and the battery is not good enough, I'll get the whole $35 restocking fee.

sabrerider

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking the same thing. I also have the X, and in doing the comparisons, the MAXX is thinner, weighs less, but it slightly larger on H X L, but it does not look like enough to really matter.

IMO the slightly thicker H,W & L can be attributed to the different bezel than the X. This has me curious why the same reviewers that called the X "comfortable in hand" are calling the RAZR and MAXX "kinda wide". Either way, I consider the MAXX to be the X's weight lifting, ass kicking big brother. I will have it but may wait on a white one?

However, with that said, I will still do the comparison between the RAZR and RAZRMAXX when my upgrade comes in March

Reactions: foganime

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
HTC, is quicker than Motorola at getting updates out most of the time.

Specific examples? Not innuendos. Wasn't the X upgraded to GB before the INC?

However, it could be a good thing that some are not upgraded as fast as many believe. The X GB upgrade was a disaster at first, then another upgrade to fix the problems.

So, slowness to upgrade might be due to company being slow in upgrading or the company making damn sure the device will operate correctly.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Specific examples? Not innuendos. Wasn't the X upgraded to GB before the INC?

However, it could be a good thing that some are not upgraded as fast as many believe. The X GB upgrade was a disaster at first, then another upgrade to fix the problems.

So, slowness to upgrade might be due to company being slow in upgrading or the company making damn sure the device will operate correctly.

Yes, the Incredible got Gingerbread right before the Razr was released and well after the X. I know because I had an Incredible.

The reason HTC is so slow to update is because they need to update Sense as well.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the Incredible got Gingerbread right before the Razr was released and well after the X. I know because I had an Incredible.

The reason HTC is so slow to update is because they need to update Sense as well.

That was the Incredible. The Incredible 2 already had Gingerbread at that time.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

That was the Incredible. The Incredible 2 already had Gingerbread at that time.

Thats the thing...the Incredible came out about 4 months before the Droid X1. HTC is normally better at updates, but they can drop the ball at times. And Moto isnt as bad at updates as some ppl make it.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I meant for people who actually want the Razr Maxx but are past their return date, sorry. I agree with you though, if your battery life is fine, there is no point in switching

The only android phone I ever had was the Thunderbolt and that battery lasted me 4 hours without even putting my corporate mail on it. I was going to buy the Razr, but I have no idea if I'll be fine with the battery life of the Razr. The problem is, if I "try" it, and the battery is not good enough, I'll get the whole $35 restocking fee.

Im considering going to the Maxx from the Razr one reason. Those rare occasions when I might be out away from a charger for a bit. Especially if I am stuck standing in line somewhere. Thats when I would pull out my phone and fiddle around with it. If its not much thicker than the Razr I will go for it. I do have the scenario in place as to how I might do it. But this would be it til the end of the year......

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So I got a Droid Razr from Costco for $200. If I switch it out for the Maxx will I need to pay $100 to make up for the cost and a restocking fee if I take advantage of Costco's 30 day policy?

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm putting down my LG Revolution for the RAZR Friday. I can't wait to see what an Android phone can look like outside in the sun. I heard that there's screens out there that can handle sunlight! Either way, the RAZR feels great. It's like going from an ipod classic to an ipod touch.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of trading my Rezound for a Razr, if I can find someone wanting to trade. I love the Rezound, but also love to try new phones.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm putting down my LG Revolution for the RAZR Friday. I can't wait to see what an Android phone can look like outside in the sun. I heard that there's screens out there that can handle sunlight! Either way, the RAZR feels great. It's like going from an ipod classic to an ipod touch.

I got rid of my LG Revo for the Razr as well. I gave the Revo to my daughter, and now I have to help her with it and listen to her complain about it (although she mumbles under her breath because it was free to her, after all). You will be very happy, I think.

Reactions: PossumPete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol