Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Default Re: RAZR now $199 online

This is the 16GB internal memory version with no additional SD card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GRB11 View Post
    This is the 16GB internal memory version with no additional SD card.
    $100 off, you should be able to buy a fairly good SD card.
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Makes sense with the RAZR MAXX release on the horizon. The Rezound went down to $199 two weeks ago. And to anyone who just bought a RAZR, don't forget about VZW's Lowest Price Guarantee.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    $100 off, you should be able to buy a fairly good SD card.
    Exactly.

The funny thing is that they have the RAZR listed as a 16GB and 32GB option. 16GB option for $199 and 32GB option for $299. They are charging $100 for them to install a 16GB MicroSD card. I assume they are keeping this $299 option on right now, until the MAXX comes out.

This would not be the same phone. The one everyone just bought for $299 has 16GB on board and 16GB MicroSD card preinstalled.

the $199 option only has 16GB onboard, but does not have MircoSD card preinstalled (they leave that up the consumer to purchase it) .
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Makes sense with the RAZR MAXX release on the horizon. The Rezound went down to $199 two weeks ago. And to anyone who just bought a RAZR, don't forget about VZW's Lowest Price Guarantee.
    there is no low price guarantee, different sku due to the different memory amounts

And in a couple more weeks it will probably be down another $100. They all go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    This would not be the same phone. The one everyone just bought for $299 has 16GB on board and 16GB MicroSD card preinstalled.

the $199 option only has 16GB onboard, but does not have MircoSD card preinstalled (they leave that up the consumer to purchase it) .
    I purchased the Razr at $299 last week knowing about the low price guarantee... You are right- they will not honor it for this exact reason. I am now returning the Razr over this slight. This is total BS. Over a MicroSD card?

ROM
    Stock

You still getting it or wait for the Razr MAXX. Hehe
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    You still getting it or wait for the Razr MAXX. Hehe
    I'm waiting for the MAXX... but I thought others might be interested in this just in case they were thinking about buy the RAZR and might want to save $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    The funny thing is that they have the RAZR listed as a 16GB and 32GB option. 16GB option for $199 and 32GB option for $299. They are charging $100 for them to install a 16GB MicroSD card. I assume they are keeping this $299 option on right now, until the MAXX comes out.
    They are doing this on purpose, since creates two different sku numbers, so no need to price match.

The new Razr has no card and a new sku number, so no price match for VZW or Best Buy.

Dupe post

Quote Originally Posted by randomprandom View Post
    I purchased the Razr at $299 last week knowing about the low price guarantee... You are right- they will not honor it for this exact reason. I am now returning the Razr over this slight. This is total BS. Over a MicroSD card?
    OKAY- update:

While this new $199 Razr sku is preventing anyone from getting the pricematching discount of $100, I was able to convince a customer care representative to credit my account $60. They told me that they couldn't give me the $100 off for the phone, so I asked if they could give me a discount on my monthly bill instead- and they said yes! I guess the $60 is taking into account the SDcard that my $299 Razr came with. Also, this is almost exactly what it would have cost me if I had returned my $299 Razr and paid the $35 restocking fee and then bought the new $199 Razr. Short the SDcard of course.