Phone says it's connected to HDMI when it's not.

Christina Johnson2

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me also...under system settings go to display menu...under that there's a box for HDMI connections ...make sure that box is not checked!!! That has solved the problem for me so far!

Liana S

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This is happening to me on my Photon. Granted, it's a really old phone and I'm getting rid of it next month, but the circular arrows which I think is the HDMI icon will NOT go away. I've never even plugged it in to an HDMI cord. When I go to settings there is an HDMI Connection button but all it lets me do is change the overscan. Whatever that is!

Paul C_1969

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I get this too.
So I did the following and it helps.
I too have a RAZR.

System Settings
1) Under Display - UnCheck Auto-Rotate Screen
2) Under Display - Also uncheck HDMT Connection
3) Under Assessibility - UnCheck Auto-Rotate Screen

Ding.. that worked.. hope it works for you too.

Gator Chris

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi MP...I did this and it worked temporarily but when I did connect the cable and subsequently disconnected the cable, it now says connected again and rotates to landscape view which I cannot get back to portrait. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Melanie LeBritton

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
1. Go into settings
2. go to "Apps"
3. scroll over to 'Running'
4. Click on Motorola Dock Service
5. Stop Motorola Dock Service.. it will say 'some apps might not work properly..still stop it.
6. Turn phone off and back on
7. If HDMI is still connected
8. Run through steps 1 and 2
9. Scroll down to HDMI Cable connected
10. Click the box to un-select the option.
11.You should beable to use your phone like you did before you connected the HDMI Cable

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. No HDMI cable plugged in, I have the settings to enable the HDMI software turned off and yet it still forces itself into this mode. Any perm fixes? This device originally came to me for a screen replacement and now this has happened. As far as I can read online, its a common issues with the XT910 devices. However, I seriously doubt I would be able to convince the customers this device has this common issues across the board on (if not all, then a fair chunk) this device world wide - As they would say it was an issue I caused during the screen replacement.

I have fiddled with the HDMI port on the device to return it for a quick fix. However upon reassembling the device to ensure it wasnt an internal hardware problem (which turned out it is anyways *cough* HDMI port *cough*). Anything I can do? I've also dumped the cache.

pollardjohn1990

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay. The system settings does work. But only temporarily. If I shut my phone off for the night then turn it back on it goes to the "HDMI connected" stuff as soon as the boot is complete. And if I go into the settings/display/HDMI, it still shows that it is unchecked. But I can check and then uncheck the box to get it to shut off until I turn the phone off again.

Posted via the Android Central App

filipx

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the HDMI port removed. The phone still logs onto HDMI when I turn it on. If I am really quick I can toggle the HDMI option on/and off and the phone works fine. If not, I have to restart the phone and play with this again and again and again. Any ideas?

filipx

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Had HDMI port removed. The phone still logs onto HDMI screen. If I am quick, I can get to the display options and cycle this on and off, then it works. But Only if I am quick. What to do?

Jalcorn

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I've reset my phone .multiple times but it keeps on happening over and over. I can use my droid RAZR for a day .... sometimes not even the whole day... I'm not sure what to do because I really like this phone. I'd hate to throw it away!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs