What are the chances of Motorola turning its' back on ICS for us?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So Motorola promised Android 4.0 to come to the Razr and Razr Maxx to come in early 2012 but what are the chances of Motorola not putting ICS on the Razr or Razr Maxx? Apparently Motorola has done that before when it came to older phones and I don't want to be left out in the dark. Or is Motorola just waiting for ICS glitches to fixed on the Nexus before they let Razr/Maxx owners get it?

Also this is my first touchscreen/smartphone and I heard it depends on the manufacturer on how fast they get OS updates out? So how fast is Motorola at sending out updates? I heard HTC takes its' time to put out updates and that Samsung is good on putting out updates.

Also why does it take so long for us to get updates? Can't Google just directly send all the capable Android phones updates instead of relying on manufacturers? I'm pretty sure Google has that power.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: What are the chances of Motorola turning its' back on ICS for

Zero... enough said!!!

****EDIT: Clarification - Title: What are the chances of Motorola turning its' back on ICS for - my answer: Zero

Last edited:

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

So Motorola promised Android 4.0 to come to the Razr and Razr Maxx to come in early 2012 but what are the chances of Motorola not putting ICS on the Razr or Razr Maxx? Apparently Motorola has done that before when it came to older phones and I don't want to be left out in the dark. Or is Motorola just waiting for ICS glitches to fixed on the Nexus before they let Razr/Maxx owners get it?

Also this is my first touchscreen/smartphone and I heard it depends on the manufacturer on how fast they get OS updates out? So how fast is Motorola at sending out updates? I heard HTC takes its' time to put out updates and that Samsung is good on putting out updates.

Also why does it take so long for us to get updates? Can't Google just directly send all the capable Android phones updates instead of relying on manufacturers? I'm pretty sure Google has that power.

It's 110% for sure coming. It takes a few months because they need to combine 4.0 with their Blur software. There is a lot of new features in ICS aka screen unlock etc. It just takes a while. Motorola I think is the best with getting updates out to their newer phones. Samsung is probably the worst with timely manufacturer updates. Some of their phones are still waiting for their promised gingerbread update.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site

I am confident Moto will get ICS on Razrs. Did that page regarding which devices will get it ever get updated? I wonder because I do have a few older Moto phones still in use.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
ZERO! Makes no sense not to port the newest OS to their currently flagship phones. The Razr & Maxx will still be their flagship phones, even after the Droid 4 comes out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site

They have ICS posted all over the pages for RAZR and MAXX I don;t see why they wouldn't release ICS at some point, especially since they have said they are releasing fewer phones in 2012. The RAZR/MAXX have plenty of CPU and RAM. I think the flood of phones will slow down at some point. You can only one up each other to a point. Most people just want a phone with a nice screen, no lags and battery life. We are just about there with the MAXX. Samsung has now said they will release phones that can last a day. 90% of people barely use their smart phones enough to notice 1.2 dual core or 1.5 or quad core. Biggest complaint of any android users I deal with is battery.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Yea..zero chance of them turning their backs on getting ICS to their current phones.

Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Agree with everyone else, zero chance. They promoted the hell out of the razr AND the promise it will be ICS upgradable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just to clarify some things for you, so that you do not continue to fall into the hype of others knocking Motorola.

The statement about ICS being released for the Moto RAZR early 2012, was made when they introduced the Unbradned (i.e. not Verizon) Razr that is associated with Europe. If you would stop and look at an article that was written on this site just last week, it stated that the Motorola RAZR has received ICS, just not Verizon. SO, based on this, ICS was released early 2012, just like they promised.

They never promised the Verizon RAZR to get ICS early 2012, however, it is now known (and promoted on their own and Verizon site) that they are listed as receiving ICS. At CES, it was stated 2nd quarter.

So with all of that being said. Please be patient. We are not even finished with 1 month in the first quarter, so there is no need to get up in arms about ICS. I would prefer that it work properly before getting it, rather than get it and be unhappy due to all of the bugs. just my two cents.

Also, I would like more clarification regarding which older phones you are referring to. Because I have a Droid X, which would have been the first (or second) non-physical keyboard they offered. I have received every single update so far, but it will not get ICS. That means that for 18 months, the Droid X has received every single update in the OS. I would say that is pretty good.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I've already seen ics on razr and its sexy. It even seems faster then nexus ics

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Wait. So there's a chance Verizon RAZRs might not get ICS? But I thought it was up to the manufacturers and not the service providers to send out updates. I'll be pissed if the Verizon RAZR doesn't get ICS.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Trust me this is a high end phone not some average Droid it will get ics and ill lay a extra grand it will see jelly bean. Stop your worrying
Wait. So there's a chance Verizon RAZRs might not get ICS? But I thought it was up to the manufacturers and not the service providers to send out updates. I'll be pissed if the Verizon RAZR doesn't get ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Where did you get that from?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I get how Motorola will release ICS because it's Motorola and Verizon's flagship phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffgoham2020