Just got a Razr - Few Questions

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

So I just got the razr maxx now and gotta say I'm loving it but I have a few questions and if anyone here knows the solutions to these problems your welcome to leave a reply.

1. I'm coming from a thunderbolt. I had a silent option, a vibrate option, then my volume options. I noticed on the Razr I have silent and vibrate into one. Is this the same thing? I think I'm overlooking something. In that case, can I have a seperate silent option and a vibrate only option?

2. Where can I find LED notification settings? Been tackling these options and can't find anything. I want to enable a light for when the phone is charging if it's possible.

3. I'm new to Super AMOLED screens. Are they normally this dark? I have my brigthness set at 50% and it's not really dark but I expected brighter. It's nothing that bothers me, just curious.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
1) Razr wont got to silent when you hit the volume all the way down.. just to vibrate... I use SwitchPro Widget... once of its many options is to control vibrate/silent.... tap once for vibrate.. tap again for silent... tap again for sound

2) There is no pre-installed LED control on Motorolas like HTCs do... I would get an LED app that mimik SENCE if you need a LED on to confirm charging...

3) its dark at 50%. That is normal.. Go to 100% if you need to... see #1--Switchpro widget, I fine at 0% indoors and 50% outside

Just a heads up, your still stuck in a HTC SENCE frame of mind... its normal when swtiching phone brands... you cant put sence on motorolas, but you can search for apps on the market that can mimik the functions of sence, like the LED app, or Go Launcher's EX widgets, and Beautiful Widgets...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone.

So I just got the razr maxx now and gotta say I'm loving it but I have a few questions and if anyone here knows the solutions to these problems your welcome to leave a reply.

1. I'm coming from a thunderbolt. I had a silent option, a vibrate option, then my volume options. I noticed on the Razr I have silent and vibrate into one. Is this the same thing? I think I'm overlooking something. In that case, can I have a seperate silent option and a vibrate only option?

2. Where can I find LED notification settings? Been tackling these options and can't find anything. I want to enable a light for when the phone is charging if it's possible.

3. I'm new to Super AMOLED screens. Are they normally this dark? I have my brigthness set at 50% and it's not really dark but I expected brighter. It's nothing that bothers me, just curious.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

1. I'm sure there is a widget to go to Silent... currently I use a Smart Action for Night time to set my device to Silent... and I have a Work setting to set it to Vibrate. So there is a Silent, Vibrate and Sound On... just find a widget.

2. I think you'd need a widget for this... I read someone using one to change the notification colors, but don't remember what it's called... and I have not seen it in the setting of Motorola yet, but I'm coming from the Thunderbolt as well and have only been using this since day one of the Razr Maxx.

3. I use the Toggle: Power control widget to set my screen intensity... right now if I look at Settings > Display > Brightness I'm fairly happy with the brightness and it look like it's at 33%... even when I set it to the weakest it look like 0% on the scale, and the brightest is 100%. Like I said, I'm happy with it looking like it's set to 33%. I guess it would depend on what you like.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright got the apps for volume control and they work like a charm. Now as for the brightness, I set it to 68% and it seemed pretty dark still. This normal?

I'll look for an app to give the charging LED. Someone suggested Lightflow, but it did not work for me when I set up charging option for it. Maybe someone can clarify on this?

Lastly, one thing. I'll try to describe this as best as possible. When I was at the VZW store and the lady was putting on the screen protector (thin plastic) it was on well but it left what seems like 5-6 little circles or air bubbles. Now with that being said would that have to do with the fact that the screen looks very fuzzy. For example, when you are hot, and you touch your phone in the sun it leaves the fingerprint with a rainbowish color. Imagine that but all over the screen. I'm guessing that's screen protector mis-placement? It's like little rainbow fuzzes (super tiny) all over the screen. It's really hard to explain. It happens on every phone but on this one it's constant as if something was on the screen. I noticed it happened mainly on bright backgrounds like in the settings menu for example. So maybe this is just a super amoled feature?

To be honest, I hate how sense looks. I just got used to these lights & volume settings so I wanted them on this beast of a phone.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know what YOUR screen look like and if it looks too dark... if you have it at 68% and YOU think it looks too dark then CRANK IT UP!!! You are the only one that can say if it look too light or too dark... and they only way can say if something is wrong is to look another right next too it... and the ones in the store are ALWAYS crank up to 100%.

I can not help you with Lightflow... don't use it, and I'm not interested in using it.

Fuzzy or blurry looks through a screen protector... you are always going to have some distortion with a screen protector. Personally I stopped using any about 2 months into owning my Thunderbolt... my device is always in a pocket with nothing else in it, or in my hands with a case... I'm not worried about scratching the screen... plus the Razr has Gorilla glass!!!

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah haha, thanks. For some odd reason it feels brighter today. Meh, I must of been over reacting yesterday. Anyways I got 3,300 Mah of firepower so brightness is not a problem :). I did notice that Motoblur does have a darkish theme so that may be it, too.

I actually set up lightflow to flash green led's when its charging, not bad. After googling for a bit, I found out most Motorola phones don't have a solid LED unless they are turned off. And well, the Razr is one of them.

As for the screen fuzziness, yeah I need to look into that. Cause I noticed the Razr at the store did not have this issue (the display one) But it didn't have a screen protector. I wonder how much it really protects. Cause if it's not that much I'll take it right off. It's called the "Rainbow Effect" apparently.

edit: Just found out, that rainbow effect is normal.. I have the anti-glare screen protectors I should of gotten the clear ones. People are also saying the anti-glare are removing some clarity on the phone. It all makes sense now lol.

Last edited:

qpowel1

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I can testify to the poor quality of the anti-glare screen protectors.

When I bought my RAZR, I asked the Verizon clerk for "screen protectors," unaware that they actually had anti-glare ones.

I finally determined that the protectors were the cause of the poor screen quality when I tried to use the phone screen as a crappy mirror (what I used to do with my Bionic and OG Droid).

Once I figured out the problem, I actually went naked with my RAZR for about an hour. But, the anxiety abuot having a naked screen was too much, so I went with Steinheil super crystal, super clear screen protectors.They look fantastic. That's just a small recommendation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance