Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default .apk issue

I am not able to receive .apk files from bluetooth..I have Motorola Razr xt910...in other cell it gives error..this transfer is forbidden by the target device..i have tried from 2 or more friends cell i get the same kind of error...but I am able to receive pics,mp3 & all...Need help..

Default Re: .apk issue

Try grabbing ES File Explorer or Astro from the Market and "zip" the apk file. Then see if the file will transfer as a zip. Then the receiving device will also need ES File Explorer/Astro to extract the received file.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

ok thanks..but is this known issue? i didint find anything over the internet..

Certain file types seem to be filtered out with the device. Just like you can't download a zip file it seems with GMail.

I would imagine it probably has something to do with piracy prevention. You can always use Dropbox (create a shared box and drop the file in that).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

thanks everyone...after installing bluetooth file transfer I am able to receive the files now..