Link FB Contacts

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to associate friends in your FB profile with your contacts? All my contacts are in my gmail account. On my last phone (Blackberry), the FB app had a setting to automatically associate friends with phone contacts. It rarely worked, but I could also do it manually.

Right now on my phone, I have two entries for my wife (and other FB friends). One is from gmail and the other FB. I would like to merge them into one or associate the FB friend with the gmail contact on the phone.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I am on a different phone but for me if I go into the people app, hit menu, then more there is an option for linked contacts, then inside that there is an option to link all. Hope that helps

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
People app? If I go into my friends screen in the FB app, there is a menu/settings but it just leads to the general FB options and doesn't have anything about linking contacts.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Or how about contacts. Not in Facebook but on the phone. Again i'm on a different phone so i'm not sure how much this will differ

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Have been through every menu in the phone's contact app and no option for linking there either. Thanks for the suggestions though.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Click on"Phone", then "Contacts". Select the person's contact that you wish to fix. Click the "Settings" menu button, then if the contact is not already linked to another account, you will see "Join" in the lower right corner. If the contact is already linked to another account, you will see "More" in the lower right corner. In this case, select "More" and you will then see the options for "Separate" and "Join". Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
AWESOME!! Thank you. Strange that it didn't show up under Contacts, but only under Phone/Contacts. Fixed the problem thanks!

shannonpeace

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my DROID Pro! the contacts I imported from my BB Storm2 that were linked to FB are now uneditable too! Each FB contact was "split" and says not editable on my device. I have joined the duplicates except linking/joining FB contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non