Pocket chargers

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone would recommend? I have not had a reason yet to need one, but wouldn't be a bad investment in case I do. Obviously size and cost are the two factors. I would prefer something small and not over $50

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Why not carry and extra battery instead of a charger. Much easier and convenient. I always have a fully charged backup in my pocket.

Galaxy tab 10.1

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Why not carry and extra battery instead of a charger. Much easier and convenient. I always have a fully charged backup in my pocket.

Galaxy tab 10.1

If you think about it... a very small external battery is more easy and convenient IMO. No need for the power to turn off to change batteries.

I've seen the Anker which is about the size of a USB stick. I plan on getting something like that.

Amazon.com: Anker Astro 5600mAh External Battery Pack and Charger (Power Bank) with flashlight for iPhone 4/4S/3GS, ipod touch , ipod classic, iPod nano (require your own cable for Apple); Motorola: Atrix 2, Verizon Droid RAZR, Droid X2, Droid Bionic

Besides...the RAZR cant have spare batteries...

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the razr doesn't have the removable battery, the maxx would be the best choice, but I can't justify the extra $ for the extended battery. So i'm thinking it would be nice to have something to carry on a day a available charger may not be there.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
An external charger is much better than an extra battery IMO. With an extra battery you have to have some way to keep it charged, which usually means some sort of extra dock or something. An external charger can be charged via USB or AC outlet.

Plus, depending on the size of the charger, which there are TONS of choices, can charge a phone multiple times or you can run the phone right from the charger if you want.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm confused. The Razr comes with a small "external charger". What's wrong with that? And an external battery works because it will last for several days without having to be recharged itself. This means that you can still recharge your phone once a day (presumably as you normally do, while you sleep), and recharge the battery every two or the days, even while you're recharging your phone. Hell, as long as you charge your exteral battery every second day, you'll probably never have to put your phone on an outlet. This presumes if course that you can keep your phone on the external battery a lot of the time. I thought about getting the larger Anker, three 8000+ model, but it would be too big to carry around all day at work. The smaller one would be OK to keep the phone on much of the time in my pocket though. Hard to pay only around $10 less when the other has so much extra reserve, but there's a price to pay for portability, I suppose

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Kind of..I guess i'm taking about a charger not attached to a wall our computer. I charge in my car and at night when I sleep, but looking for portable power to carry in my pocket and charge the phone in the extreme cases where the battery runs low, but no where near a charger.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm really looking hard at the smaller Anker, since it's about the size of a thumb drive. Easily pocketable. And good for a handful of charges.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I use this which normally cost around 40-50 bucks. It has a 1700 mah battery capacity. And it can charge out of a wall plug and has a led flash light. If you are lucky and go to radio shack when they have specials going on. U can get this neat lil charger for around 20 bucks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante