Smart actions updated in market after OTA

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if everyone saw this, but it looks like smart actions can now be updated in the market. After the latest OTA I had an update notification from the market and it was for smart actions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reactions: GSDer

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I was looking through my apps the other day. It was never listed before. I agree it's strange that the update didn't just come with the OTA.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you comment on the usefulness of the Smart Actions? I'm investigating new phones (coming from a Thunderbolt) and wondering how much this adds to the Moto lineup.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you comment on the usefulness of the Smart Actions? I'm investigating new phones (coming from a Thunderbolt) and wondering how much this adds to the Moto lineup.

Here are two examples of how I have it setup on mine:

1) Sleep... when it's plugged in to power, and between specific times I call night, I set it to not sync data and to go to Silent mode so I can sleep without hearing my notifications.

2) Work... when at that GPS location using wifi, my device goes to Vibrate mode.

They also have low battery settings and a lot of other examples you can use or modify and use.

Reactions: GSDer

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here are two examples of how I have it setup on mine:

1) Sleep... when it's plugged in to power, and between specific times I call night, I set it to not sync data and to go to Silent mode so I can sleep without hearing my notifications.

2) Work... when at that GPS location using wifi, my device goes to Vibrate mode.

They also have low battery settings and a lot of other examples you can use or modify and use.
Was this one of the features that helped you decide on a RAZR? Did you ever check out something like Tasker in comparison?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Was this one of the features that helped you decide on a RAZR? Did you ever check out something like Tasker in comparison?

This was one of the features that did draw me in... and I've used other programs with my old HTC Thunderbolt that did similar things, but not Tasker. Needless to say I'm very happy with my choice... of the Droid RAZR MAXX.