Locations in Smart Actions

darkSSide

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
How do I remove locations in Smart Actions? The reason being is that I set my home a location and my work a location(both different) but for some reason when I'm home it sets off my work. So I want to eliminate locations and reset them. Hopefully this works.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Go yo smart actions, click on the suggestion you want to edit, long press on the trigger "Location", click on delete, bam...... now save or continue editing suggestion. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kb3421

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I also have a "work" issue. All of my other location based smart actions always seem to know when I arrive somewhere. "Work" however does not. I've tried to edit my location and the GPS appears to know exactly where I am but for some reason "work" just won't trigger.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have a "work" issue. All of my other location based smart actions always seem to know when I arrive somewhere. "Work" however does not. I've tried to edit my location and the GPS appears to know exactly where I am but for some reason "work" just won't trigger.

It uses the wifi to know where u are at. If ur work place doesn't have wifi, then it won't work.

darkSSide

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Go yo smart actions, click on the suggestion you want to edit, long press on the trigger "Location", click on delete, bam...... now save or continue editing suggestion. :)

Thats not exactly what I wanted to do. I want to delete the actual location from my phone not just the trigger.Because if I add the trigger again and want to choose a location the ones previously there are back.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thats not exactly what I wanted to do. I want to delete the actual location from my phone not just the trigger.Because if I add the trigger again and want to choose a location the ones previously there are back.

You can either unselect (remove the checkbox selection) the location, or change the location, but there doesn't seem to be a way of deleting the location.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I sound like a dolt, but how do you get locations to show up? Every time I look in the profile it says there are none.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I sound like a dolt, but how do you get locations to show up? Every time I look in the profile it says there are none.

If you've added a Location while creating a Smart Action and it's not showing up in Profiles, something is broken.

If you haven't added a location through any mechanism yet, tap the green "+" at the upper right corner of the Locations list display. You'll be presented with 4 options: "Current Location," "Search," "Contacts," and "My Favorites." Those should be pretty self-explanatory; tap the one that fits your needs and it should walk you through the rest of the process.

PS. "Sinclair ZX-80 . . ." haha, I had one of those, but it was the very slightly more modern Timex Sinclair version. From that point, it was a steady progression through the VIC-20, C64, C64 Portable, Epson QX-10, KayPro 10, Compaq Portable/Portable II/Portable III and a long series of PC desktop clones and laptops. Old Farts R Us :D

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't added a location through any mechanism yet, tap the green "+" at the upper right corner of the Locations list display.
I guess that's the first problem - there is no + in the upper right corner. Is there a service that has to be running? I've seen other posts about Verizon Location Agent, but that thing won't run. Is there some other way to set locations, like Google Maps?

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you're in the location list, and not the profile menu that contains "Locations" and "Timeframes?"

After you tap on "Locations," you should see a dark bar at the top containing "Locations - Places Important to You" with a green plus symbol on the right side of that bar. If its not there, call Verizon and ask why . . .

MoorReese

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess that's the first problem - there is no + in the upper right corner. Is there a service that has to be running? I've seen other posts about Verizon Location Agent, but that thing won't run. Is there some other way to set locations, like Google Maps?

Did you ever get this to work cause I do not see the green plus sign in the upper right of the LOCATION PLACES IMPORTANT TO YOU screen either. It is showing a previously saved address, but there is no plus sign to add a new location.:'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae