1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Can BB User Easily Switch To RazrMaxx?

Having been a BB User for many years and currently with a Bold 9780, I Tried the G Nexus at Launch in December but couldn't handle the dropped calls, poor reception and Radio Issues and returned awaiting a better Android Replacement. The screen, ICS plus the Android market however was a real pleasure.

Now the Maxx is here, I wonder if it's time to pull the trigger and buy a Maxx to finally replace all the good features of a BB (apart from the Keyboard).

Can any former BB Users pitch in and confirm if you made the switch and still happy with the RazrMaxx?

I rely heavily on a good phone for many calls during the day, loads of texts and about 100 EMails in and out per day.

On the plus side, the Maxx has the best battery, NoLed App has the notification light covered (I think), Motorola Radios appear to be great for calls and reception from what I read.

Is there an App that can offer the benefits of the BB Profiles to change from Silent to vibrate to personal ring tunes for contacts etc?

Appreciate all advice.
    Last edited by MrTD; 02-29-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Default Re: Can BB User Easily Switch To RazrMaxx?

First... Wrong Forum... this is the RAZR forum... there is a RAZR Maxx forum.

I jumped off the BB Bandwagon a while ago and have used a couple different Androids over the last couple years... including have a RAZR Maxx now. The transition can take some time, but if you are patient and look around the market for apps that will do what you want them to do, then you will be just fine.

You should check out Motorola's "Smart Actions" app... I'm not that familiar with BB Profiles, must have been a recent ROM change... but the Smart Actions app will Silent your device for a time specific condition, or it can be set for a location... plus I have a "Work" profile which sets it to Vibrate when I'm at work (location based)... and they have VIP call mode. And of course you can set personal ringtones for contacts.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Blackberry has had profiles since the late 90's. It's nothing new.

Yes...you can duplicate that feature.

I switched from Blackberry and am loving life!
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Sorry - wasn't aware there was a unique Razr Maxx Forum - just found it!

Please move thread over if poss.

Thanks for the responses - ordered the Maxx over the phone with Verizon to get the Leap Day deal and should be in by Friday. All stores in our area have been Sold out for a while.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Blackberry has had profiles since the late 90's. It's nothing new.

Yes...you can duplicate that feature.

I switched from Blackberry and am loving life!
    Thanks DanH - how did you duplicate the Profiles? On my BB Profiles for Ringer Only, I have the profiles set to vibrate for calls and texts only and everything else is Silenced. Is that something I could set on the Razr as well?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTD View Post
    Thanks DanH - how did you duplicate the Profiles? On my BB Profiles for Ringer Only, I have the profiles set to vibrate for calls and texts only and everything else is Silenced. Is that something I could set on the Razr as well?
    Yes...very easily.

I switched from the Storm2 to the RAZR MAXX... have not looked back. I will never own a Blackberry again!!
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I switched from a Bold 9930 to a Razr Maxx 10 days ago and I'll never look back. Sure there are a few things I miss but there are hundreds more things on a droid that more than make up for it.
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Quote Originally Posted by MrTD View Post
    Having been a BB User for many years and currently with a Bold 9780, I Tried the G Nexus at Launch in December but couldn't handle the dropped calls, poor reception and Radio Issues and returned awaiting a better Android Replacement. The screen, ICS plus the Android market however was a real pleasure.

Now the Maxx is here, I wonder if it's time to pull the trigger and buy a Maxx to finally replace all the good features of a BB (apart from the Keyboard).

Can any former BB Users pitch in and confirm if you made the switch and still happy with the RazrMaxx?

I rely heavily on a good phone for many calls during the day, loads of texts and about 100 EMails in and out per day.

On the plus side, the Maxx has the best battery, NoLed App has the notification light covered (I think), Motorola Radios appear to be great for calls and reception from what I read.

Is there an App that can offer the benefits of the BB Profiles to change from Silent to vibrate to personal ring tunes for contacts etc?

Appreciate all advice.
    I came from the BlackBerry 9930 and am a long time BlackBerry user. I like my Droid Razr Maxx but to me the BlackBerry is eazer to type on it fits my hand better and i can type faster with my thums. I am able to type a message on the 9930 in half the time that i can on the Razr Maxx.
    Jerry