Hi I've attempted to root my droid razr on version2.3.6 and I know what to do and everything but I'm supposed to put it in charge only mode. My pc doesn't even recognize that my phone is plugged in to the computer so the option to select charging options from the notification bar isn't available! Help anyone. What can I do!:/
    03-13-2012 05:40 PM
    Did you download and install the correct driver?
    03-13-2012 06:37 PM
    I just got down with this issue. Lol lol lol

Do a simulated battery pull (volume down+power key. Hols until screen blackens ). Work now?

Google Motorola RAZR drivers. It'll take you to there site and download the drivers. Shut down phone ans PC after install of drivers. Wait 3 min. Power up all. Work now?

Make sure settings > storage > fisable software install is not checked. That fixed my issue. Make sure USB debug is checked. Work now?

Try different USB ports on PC.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 08:28 PM
    Also make sure you're using the right cable. I know I got really frustrated with my computer because my computer wouldn't recognize it was even plugged in. Upon an exhaustive investigation, I found out the cable I was using was for charging only. It came with a car charger I bought at Walmart a while back. I then used the usb cord that came with the phone and it worked right away.
    03-14-2012 01:17 AM
    Ah the cable I use is the one that came with the phone... Ok I did the power button and volume... And comp still doesn't recognize it :/ I installed the drivers... But under control panel> hardware it doesn't show it's installed and I can't find fisable sowtware under settings
    03-15-2012 07:50 PM
    Ah the cable I use is the one that came with the phone... Ok I did the power button and volume... And comp still doesn't recognize it :/ I installed the drivers... But under control panel> hardware it doesn't show it's installed and I can't find fisable sowtware under settings
    I think he meant "disable software install".
    03-17-2012 03:31 AM
    I think he meant "disable software install".
    O I see. Well can u help me?
    03-17-2012 03:39 PM
    Not really. I'd suggest trying different usb ports on the comp...after that I don't know.
    03-18-2012 07:32 AM
    Not really. I'd suggest trying different usb ports on the comp...after that I don't know.
    thanks but It still doesnt work
    03-18-2012 12:32 PM
    03-18-2012 10:30 PM
    thanks but It still doesnt work
    did you do a simulated battery pull??? (Power key+volume down key... press together until you see moto logo, then release buttons)
    03-20-2012 03:06 PM
    I had same issue. Go to motorola website and get new v5.50 drivers called moto helper

Nikko was Here
    03-22-2012 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD