Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with root. Please help.!

Hi I've attempted to root my droid razr on version2.3.6 and I know what to do and everything but I'm supposed to put it in charge only mode. My pc doesn't even recognize that my phone is plugged in to the computer so the option to select charging options from the notification bar isn't available! Help anyone. What can I do!:/
    Last edited by Jobockibic; 03-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Default Re: Help with root. Please help.!

Did you download and install the correct driver?
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

I just got down with this issue. Lol lol lol

Do a simulated battery pull (volume down+power key. Hols until screen blackens ). Work now?

Google Motorola RAZR drivers. It'll take you to there site and download the drivers. Shut down phone ans PC after install of drivers. Wait 3 min. Power up all. Work now?

Make sure settings > storage > fisable software install is not checked. That fixed my issue. Make sure USB debug is checked. Work now?

Try different USB ports on PC.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Also make sure you're using the right cable. I know I got really frustrated with my computer because my computer wouldn't recognize it was even plugged in. Upon an exhaustive investigation, I found out the cable I was using was for charging only. It came with a car charger I bought at Walmart a while back. I then used the usb cord that came with the phone and it worked right away.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ah the cable I use is the one that came with the phone... Ok I did the power button and volume... And comp still doesn't recognize it :/ I installed the drivers... But under control panel> hardware it doesn't show it's installed and I can't find fisable sowtware under settings

Quote Originally Posted by Jobockibic View Post
    Ah the cable I use is the one that came with the phone... Ok I did the power button and volume... And comp still doesn't recognize it :/ I installed the drivers... But under control panel> hardware it doesn't show it's installed and I can't find fisable sowtware under settings
    I think he meant "disable software install".
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    I think he meant "disable software install".
    O I see. Well can u help me?

Not really. I'd suggest trying different usb ports on the comp...after that I don't know.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    Not really. I'd suggest trying different usb ports on the comp...after that I don't know.
    thanks but It still doesnt work

Maybe you can get some help here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/hacking/

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

Quote Originally Posted by Jobockibic View Post
    thanks but It still doesnt work
    did you do a simulated battery pull??? (Power key+volume down key... press together until you see moto logo, then release buttons)
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

I had same issue. Go to motorola website and get new v5.50 drivers called moto helper

Nikko was Here