How's battery life

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm a heavy user have an iPhone but wandering about the razr for a trade from a friend how bad is the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Since you're a heavy user, I would venture to say you won't be too thrilled with battery life. LTE and the SAMOLED screen crush battery life. That being said, I still think it's worth it. The speed is great and the built in app Smart Actions helps save battery life by turning things off like data, when the screen is off. If you don't feel like dealing with all that, the RAZR MAXX battery lasts a full day on one charge.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Since you're a heavy user, I would venture to say you won't be too thrilled with battery life. LTE and the SAMOLED screen crush battery life. That being said, I still think it's worth it. The speed is great and the built in app Smart Actions helps save battery life by turning things off like data, when the screen is off. If you don't feel like dealing with all that, the RAZR MAXX battery lasts a full day on one charge.

Im gonna assume the Razr Maxx battery lasts a lot longer then a day. If your mainly around Wifi and dont HAVE to use LTE constantly, you can leave the Razr on 3G (CDMA) and get a full day out of a charge. Thats with power use. Or just leave it on Wifi.

Reactions: taylorz_412

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a heavy user have an iPhone but wandering about the razr for a trade from a friend how bad is the battery?

You wont like the Razr then. My friend has an Iphone and I the Razr and he goes all day playing with his Iphone where I am plugging in the Razr a few times in a day because it drains out. Some will say they get 24-36 hours use and I think they are not very truthfull as I have had 3 different smart phones now and not a heavy user and keep background data and sync turned off and cant make a full day without it dropping down to 20% or lower and the time frame is between 8am and 6pm

Reactions: taylorz_412

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright thanks for all the info I'm going back and forth between android and iOS and love them both but after all the feedback I'm gonna stick with my iPhone till the next big android phone

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Razr maxx will be A good choice for heavy users. But having a 4g phone with under 2,000 mah battery will teach you how to conserve ur battery For future devices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I get 12 to 13 hours of heavy use, I just put the battery pack on. For 45 minutes a night at work I am on the lapdock 500 so it does change then. When I had a D1 I had to manage memory now I manage battery, I like the challenge.

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Get the maxx for sure. I am still upset they put out the original Razr when they had to have known the battery was not as sufficient as it should have been:(

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Battery....sux. PO'd about the sudden release of the MAXX after the test drive was over for much of us. VZW really left us hanging on this one. Thinking of going to the iPhone.

SUPERSPORT25

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think all the Razr users should be able to switch to the Maxx its the same phone except for battery and battery cover and thats just not right!!!!!!!!!!! I have had my Maxx a few days now and LOVE IT. I just rooted it today and still learning the new ways to ROM since I had a Droid X and was a pro at roming. There seems to be bootstraps, safestraps, and rootkeepers......oh my.:D

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery....sux. PO'd about the sudden release of the MAXX after the test drive was over for much of us. VZW really left us hanging on this one. Thinking of going to the iPhone.

I think all the Razr users should be able to switch to the Maxx its the same phone except for battery and battery cover and thats just not right!!!!!!!!!!! I have had my Maxx a few days now and LOVE IT. I just rooted it today and still learning the new ways to ROM since I had a Droid X and was a pro at roming. There seems to be bootstraps, safestraps, and rootkeepers......oh my.:D

Why do people have to be whining babies? You do know a few months after a release of top of the line phone comes out something better is going to be out. That's like wanting to trade in a new car for the same car but with a bigger motor they just came out with...

You do know you can buy the conversion kit and get the extended battery right? If not now you do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How does the battery compare to the Bionic? Does the difference in screens make that big of a difference in battery life? Trying to decide if I want that big of a phone and more features or a slightly smaller phone and potentially better battery life?

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Droid Razr since release date and actually one of the things I have been most impressed with is battery life; depending on whether or not you choose to use WiFi.

If you decide to use WiFi, also use "Smart Actions" in conjunction with your setup. What I did was setup a Smart Action macro for each WiFi hotspot I connect to. I have it set to turn the Cellular Data completely off that it only uses WiFi. The saves a lot of battery and with medium to light usage I can get close to two days.

Also, I have it set to "Sleep" mode in smart actions as well. From a certain time on weekday nights, I have cellular data off, background syncing off, ringer on silent, etc. This basically ensures that the phone uses pretty much no battery while I'm sleeping.

I highly recommend using WiFi with Smart Actions when you can. Your battery life will be tremendously better. LTE will kill your battery as others have mentioned. So if you plan on being outside of a WiFi area a lot, consider keeping your iPhone or getting an external battery pack for the Razr.