Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Using RAZR without SIM card

Does anyone know if it is possible to use RAZR without a SIM card? I want to user the phone while traveling internationally with risking roaming data charges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

You can use the Razr without a SIM card. You will be stuck using WiFi.

npo

Default Re: Using RAZR without SIM card

If you're in a GSM country, could you do us a favor? Borrow someone's GSM sim card, install it, and see if your phone works.

Lots of rumors floating around about the GSM capabilities of Verizon's LTE phones.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jywang View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to use RAZR without a SIM card? I want to user the phone while traveling internationally with risking roaming data charges.

Just turn off mobile data. That's what I did these past few weeks while out of the country.

Where are you going? In Europe, it didn't work at all for me. Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Austria.

Carrier
    Stock on most

Works in WiFi mode for sure. Most of the LTE phones will work that way. I test with several at work and use some without the SIM card to connect to WiFi only. I don't believe putting in a GSM SIM will work for international use.

Quote Originally Posted by npo View Post
    If you're in a GSM country, could you do us a favor? Borrow someone's GSM sim card, install it, and see if your phone works.

Lots of rumors floating around about the GSM capabilities of Verizon's LTE phones.
    GSM sim cards won't work for the cdma RAZR. Plus they are huge. Razr sim is micro sim.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Everyone says it its usable. But have you tried it? I can't get past the request for a moto username and password.

Carrier
    Stock on most

Everyone says it its usable. But have you tried it? I can't get past the request for a moto username and password.
    Usable on what? Wifi or GSM? Wifi works. I use it all the time that way. GSM, pretty sure it won't work.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

When I reboot my RAZR WITHOUT a Sim card, I cant get past a motoblur login screen.

Yours works when you boot without a Sim card inserted?

When I reboot my RAZR WITHOUT a Sim card, I cant get past a motoblur login screen.

Yes you can bypass the screen where you have to touch the android guy to access phone setup if you tap the top left of the screen then top right then bottom right then bottom left then top left and top right in that order. This mist be done on the screen after boot up qith no sim. The screen with the green android emblem and the emergency call buttons on the bottom. I hope this helpa.

Helps*

Carrier
    Stock on most

Are you talking initial setup or just the general login/pin screen? I've never had any issues using mine without the SIM in it. I swap my SIM back and forth with my GNexus every couple days. I use them both on WiFi when they don't have the SIM.