Google Maps won't zoom on one phone, will on another

kjkosse

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have Droid Razr's. She is having problem with the google maps app on her phone.

On mine I can zoom in to incredible detail .... even to the inside of some buildings (e.g. Las Vegas). On hers, she can only zoom very little (either through pinch/drag or the +/- function). We have identical phones, identical version numbers of the app, etc.

We're connected to WiFi. I've cleared her cache. She is not set to terrain, or satellite, or any of the other layers.

I am completely baffled and out of ideas. Assistance would be very much appreciated!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems very strange to have two exactly the same and have any issue with a Google app.

Try going into Play Store > Menu > My Apps > click on Google Maps > Uninstall.... REBOOT your device... open Play Store, find Google Maps, install... then try it again.

holmsc

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have Droid Razr's. She is having problem with the google maps app on her phone.

On mine I can zoom in to incredible detail .... even to the inside of some buildings (e.g. Las Vegas). On hers, she can only zoom very little (either through pinch/drag or the +/- function). We have identical phones, identical version numbers of the app, etc.

We're connected to WiFi. I've cleared her cache. She is not set to terrain, or satellite, or any of the other layers.

I am completely baffled and out of ideas. Assistance would be very much appreciated!

Did you clear Data & Cache both? I was having this issue on my Galaxy Nexus and cleared the app's data, which was up to like 211mb, and after doing so, reopened Maps and zooming worked fine. A friend of mine says he's noticed this bug after using terrain view and switching back to map view. I'll find out if I can report this to Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12