Anyone else glad that Moto waited a bit to release ICS?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I know I am. All of the complaints on the Nexus forums had me nervous. Also, most of my apps are now ICS compatible.

About 75% weren't when ICS launched and would have hated to have to go without most of them for the past 4+ months.

Here's to Motorola, and HTC, for doing it right! **raises glass**

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reactions: androidcore

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Rezound owner, but I can honestly say I'm glad they waited to work out bugs. I'd rather have G-Bread with a bug free phone than jump he gun like they did on the Nexus.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope the ICS is good for the Razr as I have had the Samsung Fascinate and they put Froyo on it and that ruined the phone, then I got LG Revolution and then they put GB on it and again it messed up phone so I hope ICS is good out the door for Razr as I have heard the phone was made for it. From what I heard it is supposed to come out tomorrow

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope the ICS is good for the Razr as I have had the Samsung Fascinate and they put Froyo on it and that ruined the phone, then I got LG Revolution and then they put GB on it and again it messed up phone so I hope ICS is good out the door for Razr as I have heard the phone was made for it. From what I heard it is supposed to come out tomorrow

Indeed, it is supposed to come out tomorrow. I was skeptical, but CNET wrote an article stating that the Razr line will get it tomorrow and the Rezound Friday. When CNET reports, my validity meter goes up lol.

Reactions: roachman55

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Not tomorrow unless they decided to cancel the soak test.

Jumpinj1

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a couple of posts from supposed Verizon peeps saying it's rolling tomorrow, but they didn't clarify if it was the SOAK or the full public OTA.

I hope something rolls tomorrow so there is at least some credibility to the rumors. Would suck for the rumored day to roll by with absolutely nothing happening.

Jumpinj1

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what the acronym stands for, but it's the tests that Motorola conducts before they release a ROM or update "into the wild". If you go to their forums and sign up for the "Feedback Network" you can participate. Just signing up isn't a guarantee, and they do make you agree to an NDA (non-disclosure) that you are even in the test, but it does give you the chance to try some things out a bit early.

https://forums.motorola.com/hives/680bee9fa6/summary

To summarize: What Super Turtleman said above. :)

Reactions: roachman55

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, lately I've noticed that alot of updates for my apps have been to make sure they work with ICS. It would have been a bummer to not have the apps working right. I have enjoyed Motorola's version of Gingerbread, but I'm really looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich. Perfect timing, in my opinion.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, lately I've noticed that alot of updates for my apps have been to make sure they work with ICS. It would have been a bummer to not have the apps working right. I have enjoyed Motorola's version of Gingerbread, but I'm really looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich. Perfect timing, in my opinion.

All of the Moto and bloat apps seem to have been updated over the past couple of days. I guess that's a sign of what's around the corner.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope it was worth the wait. I am not sure I even want the update, the razr runs so good on GB. Wonder how much more bloat Verizon is going to add? I can't think of one app they force on my phone that I actually use!

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm just happy I have a razr. As I tell my dauther there are people in Africa that don't have razrs or gingerbread for that matter.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought the soak test was like the Big Flush when a new ball park or some huge venue gets ready to open: they flush all the toilets at once to make sure the systems hold up under real time conditions.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sure. If they're working a bunch of bugs out, the extra wait will be worth it. I'm enjoying my gingerbread for now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34