Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By androidatic
  • 1 Post By Murph5150
  • 1 Post By heavyvino
  • 1 Post By HMBgal
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else glad that Moto waited a bit to release ICS?

I know I am. All of the complaints on the Nexus forums had me nervous. Also, most of my apps are now ICS compatible.

About 75% weren't when ICS launched and would have hated to have to go without most of them for the past 4+ months.

Here's to Motorola, and HTC, for doing it right! **raises glass**

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    androidcore likes this.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Re: Anyone else glad that Moto waited a bit to release ICS?

I'm a Rezound owner, but I can honestly say I'm glad they waited to work out bugs. I'd rather have G-Bread with a bug free phone than jump he gun like they did on the Nexus.

I hope the ICS is good for the Razr as I have had the Samsung Fascinate and they put Froyo on it and that ruined the phone, then I got LG Revolution and then they put GB on it and again it messed up phone so I hope ICS is good out the door for Razr as I have heard the phone was made for it. From what I heard it is supposed to come out tomorrow

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    I hope the ICS is good for the Razr as I have had the Samsung Fascinate and they put Froyo on it and that ruined the phone, then I got LG Revolution and then they put GB on it and again it messed up phone so I hope ICS is good out the door for Razr as I have heard the phone was made for it. From what I heard it is supposed to come out tomorrow
    Indeed, it is supposed to come out tomorrow. I was skeptical, but CNET wrote an article stating that the Razr line will get it tomorrow and the Rezound Friday. When CNET reports, my validity meter goes up lol.
    Thanked by:
    roachman55 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not tomorrow unless they decided to cancel the soak test.

Oh wow everything I read said Tomorrow
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!

I've seen a couple of posts from supposed Verizon peeps saying it's rolling tomorrow, but they didn't clarify if it was the SOAK or the full public OTA.

I hope something rolls tomorrow so there is at least some credibility to the rumors. Would suck for the rumored day to roll by with absolutely nothing happening.

Jumpnj1 what does SOAK mean?

Jumpnj1 what does SOAK mean?
    It's basically a test. It rolls out to a limited few and they test it for issues/bugs that were missed. At least that's my understanding.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
    Thanked by:

I don't know what the acronym stands for, but it's the tests that Motorola conducts before they release a ROM or update "into the wild". If you go to their forums and sign up for the "Feedback Network" you can participate. Just signing up isn't a guarantee, and they do make you agree to an NDA (non-disclosure) that you are even in the test, but it does give you the chance to try some things out a bit early.

To summarize: What Super Turtleman said above. :-)
    Thanked by:

Yeah, lately I've noticed that alot of updates for my apps have been to make sure they work with ICS. It would have been a bummer to not have the apps working right. I have enjoyed Motorola's version of Gingerbread, but I'm really looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich. Perfect timing, in my opinion.

Thanks again and will check it out
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    Yeah, lately I've noticed that alot of updates for my apps have been to make sure they work with ICS. It would have been a bummer to not have the apps working right. I have enjoyed Motorola's version of Gingerbread, but I'm really looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich. Perfect timing, in my opinion.
    All of the Moto and bloat apps seem to have been updated over the past couple of days. I guess that's a sign of what's around the corner.

I hope it was worth the wait. I am not sure I even want the update, the razr runs so good on GB. Wonder how much more bloat Verizon is going to add? I can't think of one app they force on my phone that I actually use!

I'm just happy I have a razr. As I tell my dauther there are people in Africa that don't have razrs or gingerbread for that matter.
    Sandylove likes this.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

I thought the soak test was like the Big Flush when a new ball park or some huge venue gets ready to open: they flush all the toilets at once to make sure the systems hold up under real time conditions.
    Sandylove likes this.

Sure. If they're working a bunch of bugs out, the extra wait will be worth it. I'm enjoying my gingerbread for now. :-)

Let them come with the bloatware. That's what Titanium Backup is for. Freeze the hell out of them.