Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Sandylove
  • 1 Post By grn4frk
  • 1 Post By androidcore
  • 4 Post By Averix
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    From a buddy of mine who is a soak tester & this is straight from their site...going from 173 to 181 version it looks like.

    Discussion SubjectROID RAZR/DROID RAZR MAXX Update Release Notes
    Discussion Content:
    Software Update for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

    Introduction
    We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by
    MOTOROLA. The software update (Motorola Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous
    fixes and enhancements.

    For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at


    Who Can Use This Release
    ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users

    Enhancements and Fixes:

    Battery Life
    Optimized device performance to extend battery life
    MotoCast™
    Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
    Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
    WiFi and Network
    Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used
    storage space
    Storage
    Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate
    updated interaction with the network
    Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
    Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
    Visual voicemail
    Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual
    voicemail notification delivery
    Bluetooth®
    Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
    Google Play
    Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
    Text Messaging
    Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
    Browser
    Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key
    Security
    Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony
    database by 3rd parties
    Updated Vcast app with new security enhancements


  2. #2  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Well thank goodness they keep updating Motocast.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote:

    "Bluetooth®
    Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®"


    Well, the Bluetooth end call tone fix was said to be an ICS feature. It is the one thing that is a daily bother for me, so even if we get a bug fix in the next day or so.....for me, and others this is a huge improvement.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Oh well, I guess that's acceptable but I wish it was ICS. Better it be late and work properly though!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Since ICS is still in evaluation, I bet that all of these "bugs" in our current OS probably caused bigger problems when they installed the ICS upgrade, these are fixes they are trying to make before rolling out ICS so it goes as smooth as possible.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Question now is when will we get this fix? I love what it will do
    roachman55 and ronschuck like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Gotta wait. Soak test hasn't even rolled out.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    This is just google holdind back the ics update so they can sell they trash *** phone even want so far as to partner up with Android witch I don't like so fuk Google
    P.s. They are the ones who have to push these updates to our carrier see the problem
  9. #9  
    grn4frk's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by markpagan View Post
    This is just google holdind back the ics update so they can sell they trash *** phone even want so far as to partner up with Android witch I don't like so fuk Google
    P.s. They are the ones who have to push these updates to our carrier see the problem
    The only thing worse than your grammar is what you horribly typed. Google partnered with Android so you're mad? Google designs Android, not a partner in anyway. Google isn't holding back the ICS update. Google doesn't push any updates to carriers, save for the Nexus software updates that will be sent to Verizon for testing. That's about the only halfway valid point your statement contains. For the RAZR, Motorola has to build it for our RAZR, then send it to Verizon for testing then we will see it. I received ICS last week on mine (via the now defunct cheesecake method) and it works well. I hope you work on your grammar and spelling and read up a little bit on what Android is besides saying F Google for no reason.
    F350Bear likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    I'm just hoping that there's something in the next update to fix my Social Networking app, which has gone haywire.
  11. #11  
    androidcore's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by markpagan View Post
    This is just google holdind back the ics update so they can sell they trash *** phone even want so far as to partner up with Android witch I don't like so fuk Google
    P.s. They are the ones who have to push these updates to our carrier see the problem
    WOW.... someone needs a history lesson and how Android updates work..

    In blunt terms, Google make an Android Verizon in the form of an SDK and releases it to the world. Manufactures/OEMs and 3rd devs, develop the code further to work with the specific hardware on each device. NEXT... the 3rd party devs releases their Custom ROMs to the world. This is why they are faster at making ROMS than manufactures... NEXT, when the OEMs are done, they test the ROM out to pass 100 hundreds of tests.. When done, they pass the ROM to the Carrier, who then tweaks it some more with bloatware... and goes through more testing... when done, Your carrier (Verizon/ATT/Tmobile/Sprint/Etc) releases the ROM update to you!!!!!

    Blaming Google based on your schizophrenic logic is like blaming the Wheat Farmer or Dairy Farmer for the high cost of bread and milk... You really need to educate yourself before casting blame on anything. Next, please try to use 3rd grade grammer and spelling on here. TY...
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**
    F350Bear likes this.
  12. #12  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    The only thing worse than your grammar is what you horribly typed.
    Don't feed the illiterate trolls.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Any estimates on when this update will roll out? I'm looking forward to it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    About 3 to 4 months.
  15. #15  
    jkfsr's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone3 View Post
    Any estimates on when this update will roll out? I'm looking forward to it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    There is no point in asking because no one knows. When they claim to know ask them to back it up. most likely they can't. Everyone has a good guess but that is all it is. We haven't seen the soak test yet so my guess is not soon.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Why keep calling people trolls they just want knowledge and some get upset of some postings of so called promises of new OS and then get let down I have found the people that use the word troll all the time are youngsters (you) please be cool and help people
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!
    Thanked by:
    bed269 
  17. #17  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Sometimes ya just gotta call a cigar a cigar.
  18. #18  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    Why keep calling people trolls they just want knowledge and some get upset of some postings of so called promises of new OS and then get let down I have found the people that use the word troll all the time are youngsters (you) please be cool and help people
    Roach, some people post in such a way that it irritates other users. Sometimes it seems some users do that repeatedly. Baiting users with obviously inflammatory comments is a sure indicator of troll status. Viewing a user's posting history will tell you who intentionally (or unintentionally) strives to be a troll.
    People who are legitimately looking for help don't typically try to illicit emotional responses from other users.
    For instance, someone ranting how Android naming schemes appear childish and therefore the OS is inferior to iOS might be considered a troll.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Roach, some people post in such a way that it irritates other users. Sometimes it seems some users do that repeatedly. Baiting users with obviously inflammatory comments is a sure indicator of troll status. Viewing a user's posting history will tell you who intentionally (or unintentionally) strives to be a troll.
    People who are legitimately looking for help don't typically try to illicit emotional responses from other users.
    For instance, someone ranting how Android naming schemes appear childish and therefore the OS is inferior to iOS might be considered a troll.
    Lets just all get along and be friends and try to help one another. Happy Easter Averix
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    Lets just all get along and be friends and try to help one another. Happy Easter Averix
    Give me a break! You tossed out post after post of: factually incorrect, occasionally incendiary, always annoying drivel, for the better part of three days...And then have the audacity to feign innocence (or at least ignorance). In the immortal words of Gob Bluth, "COME ON!!!"
  21. #21  
    dumpedduce's Avatar

    Posts
    827 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic Hd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digsy13 View Post
    Give me a break! You tossed out post after post of: factually incorrect, occasionally incendiary, always annoying drivel, for the better part of three days...And then have the audacity to feign innocence (or at least ignorance). In the immortal words of Gob Bluth, "COME ON!!!"
    Lololololol this man speaks the truth.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsy13 View Post
    Give me a break! You tossed out post after post of: factually incorrect, occasionally incendiary, always annoying drivel, for the better part of three days...And then have the audacity to feign innocence (or at least ignorance). In the immortal words of Gob Bluth, "COME ON!!!"
    My postings Mr Digsy were meant for laughter and to learn and chat about things and I dont go around calling people trolls or that they are high as a kite which was told to me. I never posted about ICS being available back a few days as others did which was a lie, my post about Popsicle melting was a joke just for laughs being we didn't get ICS and people just dont like my opinions about battery life and the Iphone. So here we are again and I was being polite to the other guy and you start on me instead of helping someone who might need your expertise. have a good day
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!
  23. #23  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    My postings Mr Digsy were meant for laughter and to learn and chat about things
    Roach, you may want to work on your people skills a bit then. You'll find the members of this forum are typically very helpful if you don't try to agitate them. Humor designed to ruffle feathers is not the best avenue to take.

Posting Permissions

B